Turn on thread page Beta

Driving Instructor..Is this normal?! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    The current g/f has a Corsa C.
    Its like riding in a shoebox. She regularly strokes my knee when reaching for the gearstick.
    I am suppose I am just too used to being very slim. Sometimes if I am in the passenger seat of my fiesta my hand gets in the way of the gearstick as its so narrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chavvo)
    u shud get a gud sense of what is accidental and what isnt - like if he says do an emergency stop and you hit dat brake so hard dat his hand flies off the dash where it was resting and brushes ur leg then that is prob OK, but if say he puts his head btwn ur boobies and refuses to come out, or if say he tries to enter u while u r doing the 3 left hand turn then dat is prob too much. and if he gets u 2 practice the gear changes with his stiffy dat is also a no-no.

and dont think dat the woman instrutors is all ok - wat if u get de lesbian one who is also into the touchin up and things? and also the family freinds are the worst cos its been proved u is most at risk from someone who is known 2 u.

wer i come from the kids all thieve the cars n teach themslves to drive so no worries abt de instructor bloke lol.
    Sound advice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chavvo)
    u shud get a gud sense of what is accidental and what isnt - like if he says do an emergency stop and you hit dat brake so hard dat his hand flies off the dash where it was resting and brushes ur leg then that is prob OK, but if say he puts his head btwn ur boobies and refuses to come out, or if say he tries to enter u while u r doing the 3 left hand turn then dat is prob too much. and if he gets u 2 practice the gear changes with his stiffy dat is also a no-no.

and dont think dat the woman instrutors is all ok - wat if u get de lesbian one who is also into the touchin up and things? and also the family freinds are the worst cos its been proved u is most at risk from someone who is known 2 u.

wer i come from the kids all thieve the cars n teach themslves to drive so no worries abt de instructor bloke lol.
    can I see your sources please, that prove this to be true?

;dry;

ReputationRep:
    I think it is irrelevant of whether or not he had to say it (due to regulations) or he was being a pervert. What matters is the OP doesn't feel comfortable with the driving instructor. I say give it another lesson & if he seems creepy, move to another driving instructor.

ReputationRep:
    This is nothing compared to my instructor, but if he makes you feel uncomfortable you should change to a woman- you'll probably drive better if you feel more comfortable.

My instructor told me so much about his private life that was definitely not appropriate... how he was bi and having an affair with a man in london, all sorts of information about his sex life (hes 60!). Also asked me loads of innappropriate questions and other people who had him said he used to accidently brush their leg, etc. But he was so cheap!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm...my instructor used to touch my leg, sometimes even kiss my hand, hahah, at the start of my lessons he said something like "i'm really touchy feely, i don't mean anything by it, just what i'm like, but if you're uncomfortable just slap me" but it wasn't really an issue, maybe a few times I was like ahh (not out loud) but in the end nothing could have happened..you learn in a city (presumably) so there's people around, plus, it's not like he's gonna jeopardise his job etc, I ended up getting on really well with him, I miss him now I've passed my test, haha. But maybe your guy seemed a bit more weird, ha..I agree that it's not completely necessary to change the sex, but whatever makes you feel at ease, it's not good to be uncomfortable while driving, it won't help your progress!

ReputationRep:
    Changing driving instructor isnt really a big deal, especially after only 1 or 2 lessons.
    She should just do whatever she feels comfortable with.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2008
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.