The Student Room Group

RS vs Philosphy

Hello.

I recently looked at the Philosophy specification for AQA A Level and the things displayed there seems so much more interesting than RS: Philosophy and Ethics that I have picked for next year.

Am I wrong to believe so? I picked RS and whilst it seems interesting i would rather learn more advanced things, which seems like Philosophy is superior to RS.

The college I’ve chosen doesn’t offer Philosophy. Whilst another college that I don’t like much does offer it.

What should I do? How do the two compare in provoking intellectual and advanced thought?
(edited 5 years ago)
Since you can't spell it, I would do RS
Reply 2
Original post by LucieTheUnicorn
Since you can't spell it, I would do RS

😂😂. I just had a 2 hour exam allow me
I studied the old AQA philosophy specification for both AS and A2 and found it very, very interesting. It should cover everything in RS and beyond. RE is mainly theological philosophy, and applications of certain ethics, philosophy covers the very nature of such ethics and more. We learnt about philosophy of mind, epistemology, ethics and philosophy of God. I would suggest doing philosophy. As for the college problem, you should decide whether or not the advantages of studying philosophy somewhere you don't like outweighs not studying it somewhere you do like.

Quick Reply

Latest