Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone down for a good, conversational chat? watch

ReputationRep:
    Sup guys,

It's been quite some time since I used TSR but after being busy with University endeavours, assignments and exams.. I'm finally free!

Thought of putting up a new post and get to know some new people on TSR (+ get a good chat going, something to debate on etc?)

Anyone is welcome to join on and let's see how this goes lol 😂

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Ghaz

ReputationRep:
    Oioi 1hr late
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    1 hour and 3 minutes late! I had two of my GCSE exams today so, thats fun 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    What do you study and at which uni?

ReputationRep:
    ello matey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hypocritic)
    Oioi 1hr late
    You can never be late on the internet señor! 😂
    And why was I late? Was there a curfew on what time you could chat on here? 🤔

(Original post by graviTEA)
    1 hour and 3 minutes late! I had two of my GCSE exams today so, thats fun 😂😂
    Again - how was I late? 😂 (I don't understand what's going on with the lateness 😂, oh well I'm fashionably late 😅) and oh! How did your GCSE exams go then dude? (Dudette if your a girl lol)

(Original post by spidle)
    What do you study and at which uni?
    I'm at Manchester Metropolitan University studying Business Technology - completed my 2nd year about 2/3 weeks ago so time to chill before 3rd year kicks in for real 😲.

(Original post by azzieka)
    ello matey
    Sup matey! How are you? You good? 😊
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    wag1 ghazzer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Hello
    Yo! How are you? Btw, are burritos nice? I've never had one 😂

(Original post by the bear)
    wag1 ghazzer
    Wag1 fam, you okay?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Ghazzy21)

Wag1 fam, you okay?
    Good...super excited:borat: hbu? Burritos are delicious you need to try one:yep:

ReputationRep:

Wag1 fam, you okay?
    irie dred

:afro:

ReputationRep:
    Sup matey! How are you? You good? 😊[/QUOTE]

Yessss I'm great! Just relaxing from uni like you ahahaha feels great but my summer break is SUPER long

ReputationRep:
    Ahh nice I am starting MMU this September, doing business management. What's your experience of MMU?

ReputationRep:
    Good...super excited:borat: hbu? Burritos are delicious you need to try one:yep:
    That's good! Hope you had an enjoyable day and kept smiling as usual 😊 - proper tired, but fasting during Ramadan is one challenging but rewarding experience to take and I'm good too, thanks for asking 🙌. I really need to try one but not many places around that offer it in halal options so I'll hold on for now til someone does bring out the ultimate halal burrito 😅😎.

(Original post by the bear)
    irie dred
    :afro:
    I'm sorry, come again? 😅

(Original post by azzieka)
    Sup matey! How are you? You good? 😊
    Yessss I'm great! Just relaxing from uni like you ahahaha feels great but my summer break is SUPER long[/QUOTE]

Ahh that's good! Hope you had a great day too and kept smiling as always 😊! Lol, University holidays are so long smh, I have 5-6 months off again from Uni for Summer holidays 😂 - which Uni do you study at and what course, if you don't mind me asking?

Ahh nice I am starting MMU this September, doing business management. What's your experience of MMU?
    First of all - whatever notion people put in about MMU being " a 2nd class University" or "academically inferior to the big league Universities".. literally forget all that. After studying at MMU Business School for 2 years and now will be going into my final year doing Business Technology - it really opened my eyes and proved my pre-conceptions about the University completely wrong.

MMU on the social aspect - one of the most sociable Universities to study at and I can vouch for that. People at the University are very open, very friendly, open-hearted and you will have a blast as you have a lot of activities that you can do, societies that are on offer, amount of work experience that you can apply for is right at your doorstep and most importantly, you will make friends that will stay with you for a lifetime. Luckily, I made friends with a few people in my course and we've stayed together thick and thin and I am glad to say that, I will be graduating with them next year in June/July hopefully and working with them was an honour and a pleasure in it's own right. The ambience of the University's environment makes it truly one-of-a-kind.

On the academic forefront - don't let the words of people fool you what MMU is and what it isn't. Academically speaking, the lecturers, tutors and the staff that are present at the University are right on their ballgame. They know how to teach the courses, the content that they provide is endless but easy to understand and to follow but the level of care, comfort and support you get from the staff members at MMU is surprisingly top-notch. I've had a turbulent time last year getting adjusted to the University schedule (although it was 3 days a week and still was this year too), I was faced with a major family bereavement of my grandma (my mum's mother) passing away tragically last year but the University understood everything that was going on and my group members did support me and kept spurring me on to continue the course when I was mentally, emotionally and psychologically at my lowest. The staff truly gave me the support and answered every question I had in the lectures, in the tutorials and in the private e-mails I'd send (even if the questions sounded totally stupid, they were damn happy that we were at least communicating our thoughts and ideas on the Unit material and content). Personally speaking and no bragging whatsoever - I was supposed to be studying at University of Nottingham or at University of Manchester to do Biotechnology as I did A Level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.. however, it all ended in such a huge blunder and everything collapsed right in front of my own eyes. I failed to get myself admitted to both Universities and ended up doing a Gap Year, taking up industrial work experience with my dad, travelling overseas to see my family for a while and then prepping for my A Level exams again.

Bearing in mind, that was now 2 years ago and when I did re-do my exams - I did well enough to earn a spot to study at MMU at their Business School to study Business Technology.

My confidence and motivation was so shot and and was so down when all my other best friends went on to study at UCL, LSE, Cambridge and at Nottingham (to name a few). I joined MMU in a bid to bring myself back to that academic potential that I had back when I first started College, when teachers felt I would do very well and go on to achieve great things at a big name University but things didn't go my way unfortunately.

But, in all hindsight - MMU improved me greatly as a professional, as an academic student and also as a human being. It taught me some valuable life lessons and also changed my perception to be more of a people's person. It really brought the great qualities that I had in flashes back in high school and college and really brought the best out of me.

One word to describe MMU from someone who has spent his whole school and college years at a selective and prestigious grammar school (later turning into a academy mid-way): magnificent.

You'll love MMU from the start but a few tips - start working from the first day, work closely with your lecturers and tutors to get the best level of support and encouragement and make friends with the right people who will help you along your academic studies significantly but also keep you company during your 3-year study at the University.

Anything else? 😊

ReputationRep:
    If it’s not conversational, it’s not a chat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    If it’s not conversational, it’s not a chat.
    Then where do you think this thread should be, in terms of the topics pages that TSR has? Different conversations are going around in the the chat involving me - if you want to join in, please do so but if you don't want to - then just ignore this thread completely 😊
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That's good! Hope you had an enjoyable day and kept smiling as usual 😊 - proper tired, but fasting during Ramadan is one challenging but rewarding experience to take and I'm good too, thanks for asking 🙌. I really need to try one but not many places around that offer it in halal options so I'll hold on for now til someone does bring out the ultimate halal burrito 😅😎.
    Thanks My day was alright, nothing special, how was yours? & haha, hope you find that halal burrito eventually👌

ReputationRep:
    First of all - whatever notion people put in about MMU being " a 2nd class University" or "academically inferior to the big league Universities".. literally forget all that. After studying at MMU Business School for 2 years and now will be going into my final year doing Business Technology - it really opened my eyes and proved my pre-conceptions about the University completely wrong.

MMU on the social aspect - one of the most sociable Universities to study at and I can vouch for that. People at the University are very open, very friendly, open-hearted and you will have a blast as you have a lot of activities that you can do, societies that are on offer, amount of work experience that you can apply for is right at your doorstep and most importantly, you will make friends that will stay with you for a lifetime. Luckily, I made friends with a few people in my course and we've stayed together thick and thin and I am glad to say that, I will be graduating with them next year in June/July hopefully and working with them was an honour and a pleasure in it's own right. The ambience of the University's environment makes it truly one-of-a-kind.

On the academic forefront - don't let the words of people fool you what MMU is and what it isn't. Academically speaking, the lecturers, tutors and the staff that are present at the University are right on their ballgame. They know how to teach the courses, the content that they provide is endless but easy to understand and to follow but the level of care, comfort and support you get from the staff members at MMU is surprisingly top-notch. I've had a turbulent time last year getting adjusted to the University schedule (although it was 3 days a week and still was this year too), I was faced with a major family bereavement of my grandma (my mum's mother) passing away tragically last year but the University understood everything that was going on and my group members did support me and kept spurring me on to continue the course when I was mentally, emotionally and psychologically at my lowest. The staff truly gave me the support and answered every question I had in the lectures, in the tutorials and in the private e-mails I'd send (even if the questions sounded totally stupid, they were damn happy that we were at least communicating our thoughts and ideas on the Unit material and content). Personally speaking and no bragging whatsoever - I was supposed to be studying at University of Nottingham or at University of Manchester to do Biotechnology as I did A Level Biology, Chemistry and Psychology.. however, it all ended in such a huge blunder and everything collapsed right in front of my own eyes. I failed to get myself admitted to both Universities and ended up doing a Gap Year, taking up industrial work experience with my dad, travelling overseas to see my family for a while and then prepping for my A Level exams again.

Bearing in mind, that was now 2 years ago and when I did re-do my exams - I did well enough to earn a spot to study at MMU at their Business School to study Business Technology.

My confidence and motivation was so shot and and was so down when all my other best friends went on to study at UCL, LSE, Cambridge and at Nottingham (to name a few). I joined MMU in a bid to bring myself back to that academic potential that I had back when I first started College, when teachers felt I would do very well and go on to achieve great things at a big name University but things didn't go my way unfortunately.

But, in all hindsight - MMU improved me greatly as a professional, as an academic student and also as a human being. It taught me some valuable life lessons and also changed my perception to be more of a people's person. It really brought the great qualities that I had in flashes back in high school and college and really brought the best out of me.

One word to describe MMU from someone who has spent his whole school and college years at a selective and prestigious grammar school (later turning into a academy mid-way): magnificent.

You'll love MMU from the start but a few tips - start working from the first day, work closely with your lecturers and tutors to get the best level of support and encouragement and make friends with the right people who will help you along your academic studies significantly but also keep you company during your 3-year study at the University.

Anything else? 😊
    Wow that was a much more detailed reply than i was expecting lol, you really sell MMU well and making me excited to start . I am also on a gap year and did maths, physics and chemistry at A level. Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll surely take your tips onboard.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks My day was alright, nothing special, how was yours? & haha, hope you find that halal burrito eventually👌
    It was quite a long day yesterday, spent most of it at home (as usual) playing either Fortnite, Rocket League, Stardew Valley, GT Sport etc.. I am into my games and am improving slowly but surely on the more serious 1v1 games like Fortnite and Rocket League 💪. Hopefully! I'm an absolute foodie when it comes to food - if it tastes good, looks good and is presented well.. why not! 🙌 What other things would you recommend?

Wow that was a much more detailed reply than i was expecting lol, you really sell MMU well and making me excited to start . I am also on a gap year and did maths, physics and chemistry at A level. Thanks for the detailed reply, I'll surely take your tips onboard.
    At first, I never understood MMU properly - I didn't go to any of the open days, visit days etc - I just didn't have any idea what the Uni would be like. Until I blindly applied to them through Clearing and started out there. It's one hell of a great experience and it's entirely changed my notion of Uni completely. I'm also a Student Ambassador for MMU so, you get the real insight as to what it's like studying at the Uni with an honest opinion lol 😂. I loved A Level Chemistry back when I did it - it was easy and simple to follow 🙌. But wow, you are one clever cog! Hope you have a fantastic time when you do start and if you do see me - call me Ghaz and be like "we spoke on TSR.." 😂😊.

Any more questions, just hit me up in the DMs 😊. Do you have any interests in games or sports?

ReputationRep:
    Yo man

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.