The Student Room Group

Sexuality and confusion

Howdy!
So, first of all, I'm 16, never been in a relationship and until several months ago never really put a lot of thought into my sexuality. I've recently started feeling a little conflicted, however. I've felt attraction to a couple other females that I see around and started thinking about being in a relationship with other girls. I suppose that I'm mainly confused about whether I could be Bisexual or perhaps just Bicurious? Any advice on how to work it out would be appreciated, thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Howdy!
So, first of all, I'm 16, never been in a relationship and until several months ago never really put a lot of thought into my sexuality. I've recently started feeling a little conflicted, however. I've felt attraction to a couple other females that I see around and started thinking about being in a relationship with other girls. I suppose that I'm mainly confused about whether I could be Bisexual or perhaps just Bicurious? Any advice on how to work it out would be appreciated, thanks!

Why do you need to work it out?
You don't need to absolutely define your sexuality :smile:
One thing you could do is just give yourself more time, maybe sometime you'll be in a situation with a girl and have the opportunity to explore your feelings of attraction. But whatever you do, don't rush yourself into doing anything if you aren't 100% sure you want to do.
Reply 2
Original post by clareeey
Why do you need to work it out?
You don't need to absolutely define your sexuality :smile:
One thing you could do is just give yourself more time, maybe sometime you'll be in a situation with a girl and have the opportunity to explore your feelings of attraction. But whatever you do, don't rush yourself into doing anything if you aren't 100% sure you want to do.

I haven't really thought about this to be honest, but it sounds like a good idea, thank you so much for your help, I'll give it time for now :>
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't really thought about this to be honest, but it sounds like a good idea, thank you so much for your help, I'll give it time for now :>

For the moment, if you want to you can just define as bicurious and leave your options open
I was about 16 when i felt the same way. I am completely into boys dont get me wrong, but when I was 16 i was feeling confused too. This girl in my highschool became a really good friend of mine, and before I knew it we were making out and doing stuff for like a year or so. It was like a real relationship, toxic though cause she was older than I was and blah blah about it didnt end well. But main point being, I knew I liked boys but I couldnt help myself from that situation at the time. I guess you could say bicurious. idk if that helps you or not but thats my story. I still like to check out girls occasionally but i wouldnt do anything with another one
I don't think it's something which needs to be worked out straight away. If you're attracted to a girl and want to date her, date her. If you're attracted to a boy and want to date him, date him.

I started realising I was attracted to some girls when I was 13/14, but I knew I also liked boys and I guess kind of wanted to be straight, so I thought I was bicurious or "basically straight". I'm now 19 and I definitely like girls 😁 I like boys too, I could imagine having a boyfriend, but I never feel physically attracted to guys like I do girls. I sometimes kind of wonder whether I only like the idea of having a boyfriend because I've been kind of conditioned into it by family/society. So at the moment I identify as bisexual, but I'm not 100% sure that I'll identify that way for life (I might be gay).

I try not to keep trying to put myself in a box. Maybe as I get older, and have dated more people, i'll know what my sexuality is. But at the moment, I'm just going with the flow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending