Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,In my school you can take 3 A-Levels. My other two are almost definitely going to be Chemistry and Politics but I'm not sure whether to take English Lit or Biology.I am doing slightly better in English Lit but I don't really enjoy reading. However I can't draw at all and my Biology teacher said I need to be good at sketching to draw diagrams.Would appreciate any suggestions or guidance
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Benjy_AFC)
    Hi,In my school you can take 3 A-Levels. My other two are almost definitely going to be Chemistry and Politics but I'm not sure whether to take English Lit or Biology.I am doing slightly better in English Lit but I don't really enjoy reading. However I can't draw at all and my Biology teacher said I need to be good at sketching to draw diagrams.Would appreciate any suggestions or guidance
    Reading is more important for EngLit than drawing is for Biology.

Biology is a science, not fine art...

ReputationRep:
    The most you need to be able to draw is a circle with some x's inside i.e. phases in the miotic cycle. Regardless, Biology is horribile, I would avoid at all costs.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What are you thinking of doing after your A-levels? If it's going to university, which courses are you considering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wolfram Alpha)
    The most you need to be able to draw is a circle with some x's inside i.e. phases in the miotic cycle. Regardless, Biology is horribile, I would avoid at all costs.
    avoid at all costs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    What are you thinking of doing after your A-levels? If it's going to university, which courses are you considering?
    Honestly I really don't know. I would like togo further with politics but also science (more research rather than be a GP). Might consider being a vet as I love animals. People have said biology has a lot of content but I am quite clever so I think I may be able to handle it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Reading is more important for EngLit than drawing is for Biology.

Biology is a science, not fine art...
    ok thanks will bear that in mind
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Honestly I really don't know. I would like togo further with politics but also science (more research rather than be a GP). Might consider being a vet as I love animals. People have said biology has a lot of content but I am quite clever so I think I may be able to handle it.
    If you enjoy biology at the moment, and you are considering being a vet (or working in animal research) you will need Biology A-level.

Alternatively if you decide to go down the politics (or law) route then having two sciences plus one essay subject is absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    thotproduct
    give a brother some insight

ReputationRep:
    I take Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I have found Biology to be very interesting, the content isn't that hard but there is a LOT of it. Also my drawing skills are abismal and I manage just fine. I would definitely recommend taking Biology, especially if you're considering becoming a vet.

ReputationRep:
    thotproduct
    give a brother some insight
    AVOID

imagine dropping english literature only to take an even fatter essay subject what a self-bazinga

ReputationRep:
    I would argue that biology is the best subject I ever did at school, then again I'm a vet student so is that a massive surprise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoususer16)
    I take Biology, Chemistry and Geography. I have found Biology to be very interesting, the content isn't that hard but there is a LOT of it. Also my drawing skills are abismal and I manage just fine. I would definitely recommend taking Biology, especially if you're considering becoming a vet.
    ok thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Oh just read you're considering being a vet - you need A level biology then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thotproduct)
    AVOID

imagine dropping english literature only to take an even fatter essay subject what a self-bazinga
    true story, would be a pretty humerus mistake to make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thotproduct)
    AVOID

Couldn’t have said it any better.

ReputationRep:
    Not very positive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Water)
    Not very positive...
    That's the truth yo!

ReputationRep:
    That's the truth yo!
    Can’t even deny it. I can’t verbally describe how true it is.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Who is going to be the top scorer of the World Cup in 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.