The Student Room Group

Help pls

If I didn’t write the paper reference in my paper 1 english lit aqa will it still be marked? I forgot to put it down and now I’m stressing about it so much
no unless your exams officer wrote it down for you after the exam, in my school they always used to check that candidates filled the front page properly
Reply 2
Original post by ScrewTheExams
no unless your exams officer wrote it down for you after the exam, in my school they always used to check that candidates filled the front page properly

I thought they were supposed to as well but they didn’t say anything and I came out of the exam forgetting about it, idk what I should do now
Original post by 12345mmm
If I didn’t write the paper reference in my paper 1 english lit aqa will it still be marked? I forgot to put it down and now I’m stressing about it so much

I would go and tell your exams officer (main person responsible for exams) and check with her/him.

When was this exam taken? If it was today maybe the paper were not sent off yet, I don't know how long it takes for them to send it.
Reply 4
I would go and tell your exams officer (main person responsible for exams) and check with her/him.

When was this exam taken? If it was today maybe the paper were not sent off yet, I don't know how long it takes for them to send it.

It was taken Tuesday and now we have the half term so I don’t know whether they sent it or not.
It was taken Tuesday and now we have the half term so I don’t know whether they sent it or not.

Well even if it was sent off it MIGHT not be the end of the world if you get your exam officer to send an email to AQA or something but it's not always guaranteed... But that's a very big mistake you made, that paper on which you put the reference can be used for any exam (i think it is also the same as the additional paper for any exam), which is why the paper reference is needed as they just may not know what paper it's from. Best of luck though, hopefully it works out.

Hopefully your exam officer saw that you left it blank and filled it out for you. Even during half terms some teachers might still work, so I would try to call and/or email the school about this and ask them to tell the exam officer / contact the exam officer directly if you can.

Best of luck.
Reply 6
Well even if it was sent off it MIGHT not be the end of the world if you get your exam officer to send an email to AQA or something but it's not always guaranteed... But that's a very big mistake you made, that paper on which you put the reference can be used for any exam (i think it is also the same as the additional paper for any exam), which is why the paper reference is needed as they just may not know what paper it's from. Best of luck though, hopefully it works out.

Hopefully your exam officer saw that you left it blank and filled it out for you. Even during half terms some teachers might still work, so I would try to call and/or email the school about this and ask them to tell the exam officer / contact the exam officer directly if you can.

Best of luck.

I will try to get in contact with the school. Hopefully it will work out. Thank you for the advice.
I will try to get in contact with the school. Hopefully it will work out. Thank you for the advice.

Yeah bro; it may work out fine for you even if you don't do anything, but better be safe than sorry and check! :biggrin:

Don't worry about it too much though, focus on your next exams.

Quick Reply