Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I was wondering how to pick the best a levels for me for now I selected maths physics and chemistry. I don't have any particular attraction to these but they seem like the most convenient for me in some way not that I'm particularly good at these subjects tmfor example got a 4 in maths in mocks and 5 and 6 for combined science.

Do any of you have any advice to help me choose wisely?

Thank you
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    to be brutally honest with you, if you ennd up with anything less than a 7 in your GCSEs for those subjects you will majorly struggle with A Levels in those subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interruptin cow)
    to be brutally honest with you, if you ennd up with anything less than a 7 in your GCSEs for those subjects you will majorly struggle with A Levels in those subjects.
    Because its coming ill get 2 grades 1 for core science and 1 additional, the college I'm tryna get into requires me to get grades 7s and 6 for math

ReputationRep:
    Don’t do geography. There is so much content to learn it’s pretty much impossible to revise all of it

ReputationRep:
    A levels are tough. There are two important things to consider:

1) Am I good at the subject? Realistically, you should be on track for an A* or A at GCSE in what you want to pursue at A level.
    2) Do you enjoy what you are studying? It's a lot of work so ensure that you either enjoy the subject, or, if you're taking on a new subject, that you have read about this subject and researched it thoroughly.

Speaking from experience, took 3 A levels which I got A*AA in at GCSE, came out with AAB and an a in EPQ last summer

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.