Turn on thread page Beta

Is it right for teens to shave watch

ReputationRep:
    I shaved my mustache once and I seemed to look incredibly ugly. I don't know why people are insistent on the fact that teens shouldn't shave but I do have to agree that it is unpleasant to see.

I'd like to know if I should shave and what is the best way cuz I might b be doing something wrong?

Thank you for your answers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you wot m8?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't that what dads are for? To show you how to shave?

I guess some teens get acne, though, so got to be careful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Isn't that what dads are for? To show you how to shave?

I guess some teens get acne, though, so got to be careful...
    My dad tells me not to shave whereas literally everyone tells me to do so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sayko123)
    My dad tells me not to
    Strange! Any reason why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCA2b)
    Strange! Any reason why?
    He believes that it'll grow longer and I'll have to shave every week

ReputationRep:
    If by longer he means faster, then yes it will grow faster, but only as a result of puberty. Shaving will not cause it to grow faster. It will, however, remove the baby hairs meaning that it will grow through looking thicker (but not necessarily being thicker) than it did before you shaved.

ReputationRep:
    Well if teenage girls are told to shave then so should teenage boys.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    My dad tells me not to shave whereas literally everyone tells me to do so
    Maybe make that choice for yourself rather than listening to what everyone else tells you to do? If you want to shave then shave. If you don't want to shave then don't. There's no correct answer to "should X person shave". The only time there's a correct answer is when it's stipulated, such as at a job where you have to be clean shaven.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    That’s a myth, shaving doesn’t improve your facial hair. Genetics do and so does time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Styxal)
    If by longer he means faster, then yes it will grow faster, but only as a result of puberty. Shaving will not cause it to grow faster. It will, however, remove the baby hairs meaning that it will grow through looking thicker (but not necessarily being thicker) than it did before you shaved.
    I hate it when people say this. It’s just a myth but so many people believe it and are so scared to shave because it will grow back faster and twice as thick lol

ReputationRep:
    Please do shave.
    When i was in high school a lot of guys thought they were cool if they didn't shave. But it looked disgusting on most of them.
    When you're young your beard growth is limited and you probably have really thin and few hairs. It looks stupid and immature.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Y11_Maths)
    I hate it when people say this. It’s just a myth but so many people believe it and are so scared to shave because it will grow back faster and twice as thick lol
    Why would they be scared of that though? Would they rather have thin and patchy hair?:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Why would they be scared of that though? Would they rather have thin and patchy hair?:lol:
    Haha

ReputationRep:
    Lool exactly what my dad did. First time it may look weird but it'll start to look better after a while

ReputationRep:
    Mustache doesn’t generally look bad, but you can either fully accept it and embrace it, or shave it all. Puberty-mustache is usually not all-out mustache, and it might not look that nice (but you might look awesome in it, I don’t know). If you want to cut it, and you feel like it would make you more confident about how you look, nothing should stop you. Be careful though if you don’t know how to use a razor properly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JadaSealy)
    Well if teenage girls are told to shave then so should teenage boys.
    No one should be told to shave

ReputationRep:
    Do what you want. Shave if you want to or shave if you don’t. In any case your dad should’ve taught you to shave by now and it’s a good bonding experience too.

Most guys who are older shave every week and some shave more than twice a week so that’s something to bear in mind. At the moment it’s unlikely you’ll grow a lot of facial hair so do as you please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    That’s a myth, shaving doesn’t improve your facial hair. Genetics do and so does time
    don't you have some great genes when it comes to hair you got the thicccccccest hair around

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.