Different ways intelligent and non-intelligent people view celebrities Watch

Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by catbee)
Eh? Jodie Marsh Intelligent???!! Are we talking about the same woman who wears a belt as a top, and who tried to find a husband by advertising on MTV??!! :confused: :banghead:
Relative to some of the citizens of this nation, she probably could be considered quite bright. Tis sad though...
catbee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
Relative to some of the citizens of this nation, she probably could be considered quite bright. Tis sad though...
Presumably your reffering to the OP here ??
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eh? Jodie Marsh Intelligent???!! Are we talking about the same woman who wears a belt as a top, and who tried to find a husband by advertising on MTV??!! :confused: :banghead:
She does have a very very high IQ apparently. On CBB she was told that at her eviction because they'd had IQ tests. It's shocking i know!!
hertfordshireman
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by connerrr89)
you are chatting ****e my friend. I'm sure most people would be starstruck if they saw someone who was very famous, i think people's reaction upon meeting celebrities or famous people would depend on their personalities rather than their brain power.

I know if i just bumped into jessica alba or steven gerrard (for differing reasons obviously lol) i doubt id have an inteligent conversation on the tip of my tongue, would probably just stand there like an idiot and be lost for words.
Nope I would not be starstruck by any celeb, I'm highly likely to be the only one on here not to be, there no different to normal ppl. I would be lost fr words, if I met some ppl but not a celebrity.
connerrr89
Report 10 years ago
A lot of people seem to talk about inteligence when it really isnt the case. Jodi marsh is aparently quite clever, although this doesnt stop her from being a silly *****.
hertfordshireman
(Original post by Sidhe)
I think there is definitely too much celebrity worship. I mean so they can act, it's not like they just invented a new drug to cure some cancer, or set foot on the moon, or built some wonderous building or discovered electricity, or somit. They're just people who can act/sing or whatever it is they do. If they can write as well though then they become a little more interesting. I admire creativity, not belting out someone elses song in some distinctive style, it's nice but it aint that good.
At least someone agrees, LOL.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Presumably your reffering to the OP here ??
Amongst others, yep. I wonder if he is one of the locals they spoke to here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7288430.stm
Thud
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my god stop ****ing saying "LOL".
catbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lolilady---O)
She does have a very very high IQ apparently. On CBB she was told that at her eviction because they'd had IQ tests. It's shocking i know!!
:lolz:

Shame she doesnt use some of that 'intelligence' when it comes to choosing an outfit / finding a potential suitor!
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Thud)
my god stop ****ing saying "LOL".
Maybe he finks ee is on msn, LULZZ! :p:
hertfordshireman
(Original post by connerrr89)
A lot of people seem to talk about inteligence when it really isnt the case. Jodi marsh is aparently quite clever, although this doesnt stop her from being a silly *****.
Im not just refering to academic inteligence BTW, to me if you chase or scream at a celeb you must really admire them, using Zac Effron again, as I said before nothing against him but he is just acting just like the boys in college (where the girls chase him) are studying.
catbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
Amongst others, yep. I wonder if he is one of the locals they spoke to here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7288430.stm
Too funny!

lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hertfordshireman)
I did not say ppl interested in celebs are dumb or that I'm inteligent.
ok then...

Do you think that to an certain degree/extent, more inteligent ppl see celebs as entertainment but think some celebs are overpaid and if they saw a celeb they admired, they would treat them the same and have an inteligent convo with them, these peoples heroes being soldiers and the like; while some less inteligent "pretty" people see celebs as heroes and scream at them? i.e. some teen girls over Elvis, the Beatles, Dan Ratcliffe, Zac Effron etc (who they fancy and are rich).
^See yes you did. Unintelligent people see celebs as "Hero's" according to you, whereas intelligent people (like yourself cough) think the opposite. So you are putting yourself in the intelligent box, which is pretty arrogant. So i stand by what i said.
Not that i suspect many people will understand much of those quotes.

edit - & stop saying zac effron :p:
hertfordshireman
(Original post by louisedotcom)
Whilst I dont idolise celebrities or consider them to be heros, those who I genuinly believe have talent, I get kind of start struck by. I met one of my favourite bands back in 2006 and I was literally speechless. I know its ridiculous as at the end of the day they are people like the rest of us.

I think it also depends on your defintion of celebrity, I think for example that more unintelligent people probably idolise Jodie Marsh, than intelligent people, and that more intelligent people probably idolise great thinkers and world leaders than perhaps an unintelligent person would.

Of course however thats a huge generalisation and not necessarily applicable to the whole of society, but in some circumstances, id say that was most definatly the case.
Thats ok if u dont see celebs as heroes leave that to real heroes such as the troops in the illegal Iraq war in 45 C heat with militants etc.
lolilady---O
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:lolz:

Shame she doesnt use some of that 'intelligence' when it comes to choosing an outfit / finding a potential suitor!
:eek: You don't like the tape measure!? :eek:
:p:
amy.dd
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did not say ppl interested in celebs are dumb or that I'm inteligent, at least not that I recall but I think that people who are inteligent don't go screaming or CHASING celebs (i.e. some girls to HSM star Zac Effron, which is an obssesion IMHO) or see celebs as heroes, as I said in another reply to my question I like Louisa Lytton but don't go around screamning in admiration or see them as heroes. Mabye I'm the only one who would not see a celeb as a hero or scream/obsess at them.
:rolleyes: Seriously. Both extremely intelligent people and those not so academic can get star struck. You are not the ONLY person to not be effected by celebrity status.

I doubt you would be able to keep your cool meeting certain celebs though. I think I'd be star struck by celebrities who don't impress me in anyway. Not saying I would follow them down the street screaming but I wouldn't have the same kind of conversation with them if I met them that I would have with someone who isn't famous.

Also, no offense but do you have a spell check. It took me a really long time to get through your posts because of the spelling errors. I know its not your fault etc but it really doesn't help your posts either when you are discussing intelligence (obviously there are extremely intelligent people who cannot spell at all but on a computer there are spell checkers).
foxo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know I had a bit of an over obssesion with some ppl worshipping celebs last summer, LOL. This is just a question not a rant of my views.

Do you think that to an certain degree/extent, more inteligent ppl see celebs as entertainment but think some celebs are overpaid and if they saw a celeb they admired, they would treat them the same and have an inteligent convo with them, these peoples heroes being soldiers and the like; while some less inteligent "pretty" people see celebs as heroes and scream at them? i.e. some teen girls over Elvis, the Beatles, Dan Ratcliffe, Zac Effron etc (who they fancy and are rich).
Assuming I've been able to correctly translate the original question into intelligible English, no, I'd imagine most intelligent people realise the principles of supply and demand.
hertfordshireman
ok then...

^See yes you did. Unintelligent people see celebs as "Hero's" according to you, whereas intelligent people (like yourself cough) think the opposite. So you are putting yourself in the intelligent box, which is pretty arrogant. So i stand by what i said.
Not that i suspect many people will understand much of those quotes.

edit - & stop saying zac effron :p:
I'll agree,we have different views, LOL.

Some ppl do see celebs as heroes and IMO I don't think I could have a convo them about current issues. I don't think I'm dumb but I don't think I am that academically (sp?) inteligent, I cringe at praise by others TBH. I do keep up with current issues i.e. politics, as IMO it's vital to, and I don't think it's arrogant to say that bright ppl follow the news etc, but thats my opinion.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Please read this. The bits in red.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....l&titlesonly=0
catbee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:eek: You don't like the tape measure!? :eek:
:p:
Ha! Funnily enough I dont think she would make a best dressed list in that contraption!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (69)
29.87%
No - I got the required grades (131)
56.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (31)
13.42%

Watched Threads