Turn on thread page Beta

Im socially rejected. No one likes me. watch

ReputationRep:
    I've never been happy in my life. Because I don't fit in any group or in anything. I feel like I just don't exist. Everyone seems to be very different than me. I try to be a nice guy in front of people. Tried everything but somehow people don't like me. I don't talk too much. No matter what I do, it doesn't help. So I've tried to keep myself all alone. It's been 5 years or something I'm living like this. Once I had some friends. They betrayed me for no reason. In fact, I've been always a 2nd choice for everyone. The question I ask myself every day is who I am. I never tried to harm any people or anyone. But no one is like me. This world has become so hard for me. I've always tried to find people like me. I couldn't find. Every night I fall down and in the morning I rise up again. This has been my routine and am still following the same routine. It's not like I don't wanna talk to other people. but somehow whenever I tried to be friendly with anyone, they just ignored me for no reason. Recently I've joined University and I'm dealing with the same problem. I thought to give myself another try. But nothing changed. I'm still the same and I'm ignored. It's not like I want to be famous or wants to get everyone's attention. I just want to be happy and to be with someone who will understand me. doesn't matter if it friends or girlfriends. I just wanted to live my life. But now I think It's not possible anymore. I don't what to do. I'm depressed. I don't know how to get rid of it. Now I am just a dead man walking on the street. Counting my days. Either way, I'm just living and waiting for death.

ReputationRep:
    The internet will make you feel worse! Talk to your family about it. I think the key is try to be more out there, if it feels uncomfortable to start a conversation or keep up with one, just act interested and ask general questions like, what are you studying? How do you like your course? Where are you from? What subjects did you do in college? Those kind of things to trigger conversations, next thing you know after facing an uncomfortable situation, you will start to feel more comfortable! Stay optimistic! xx

ReputationRep:
    you can improve your social skills. it takes time but you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    This is really sad. I think everyone feels like this sometimes. When you are at uni it can be difficult to make friends, it's often seen as really sociable but realistically you don't talk to people in lectures and the people you meet in classes l quite often you see once or twice and never see them again. I can't imagine everyone you meet dislikes you, your confidence is clearly rock bottom and probably just perceive social encounters differently to others. Have you tried going to the gp and possibly try to be prescribed something for anxiety/depression?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You just wasted your time making this thread.
    lol jeez

But OP..I think you should write a book or sommet..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    You just wasted your time making this thread. It's like you're asking to remain trapped in a vicious circle that helps no-one, least of all you.
    Guessing u also have no friends? He's just asking for advice, you r kind of a d*ckhead u know that?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Your happiness shouldn’t be dependant on other people OP. In this world, we’re born alone and we die alone. You should learn to value yourself much more than you currently do. People come and go, but you’ll still always be there until your last breath on this planet.

ReputationRep:
    I know sometimes this is controversial but I recommend you looking into antidepressants. Go to psychologist and tell him everything you told us, obviously no one from the internet can diagnose you but I have been through similar things and only now I realized how depressed I was. Sometimes you can't fix it yourself because it becomes like a vicious cycle that can't be broken. First year at uni I started getting isolated, I would avoid talking to people (I know you said you don't have this problem, I'm just talking about my experience), then I would hear them talking behind my back in the hall(not because they are bad people, because that's how people naturally are), I would avoid them even more, I became depressed and stopped going to lectures, almost stopped eating and laid in bed pretty much all day. I realized that if I don't do anything quickly I'll ruin my life, went to a doctor and started taking antidepressants. I noticed changes in about a month, started talking to people, and started feeling genuine connection, the downwards spiral became upwards spiral and my life started getting better, finally I felt happy after many years. Obviously antidepressants aren't a magic happy pill, you have to really work hard to improve your life, the problem is that when you get locked into a negative cycle it becomes harder and harder to get out of it, antidepressants can give you a kick that would help get out of that cycle and start healthy habits. Don't waste your life for someones stupid beliefs that depression isn't real and antidepressants are bad. It takes only takes a month to start seeing results, which is practically nothing compared how baldly you can ruin your whole life if you don't start changing things now.

Now I want to stress I'm in no way a medical expert, and no one can diagnose you over the internet, go to a doctor and get a professional opinion, but please do it because it can really help.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    listen here fam, u need to stop giving a f**k about whether or not u are accepted and start focusing on goals u may have set for urself. people will gravitate towards u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NILK564)
    I've never been happy in my life. Because I don't fit in any group or in anything. I feel like I just don't exist. Everyone seems to be very different than me. I try to be a nice guy in front of people. Tried everything but somehow people don't like me. I don't talk too much. No matter what I do, it doesn't help. So I've tried to keep myself all alone. It's been 5 years or something I'm living like this. Once I had some friends. They betrayed me for no reason. In fact, I've been always a 2nd choice for everyone. The question I ask myself every day is who I am. I never tried to harm any people or anyone. But no one is like me. This world has become so hard for me. I've always tried to find people like me. I couldn't find. Every night I fall down and in the morning I rise up again. This has been my routine and am still following the same routine. It's not like I don't wanna talk to other people. but somehow whenever I tried to be friendly with anyone, they just ignored me for no reason. Recently I've joined University and I'm dealing with the same problem. I thought to give myself another try. But nothing changed. I'm still the same and I'm ignored. It's not like I want to be famous or wants to get everyone's attention. I just want to be happy and to be with someone who will understand me. doesn't matter if it friends or girlfriends. I just wanted to live my life. But now I think It's not possible anymore. I don't what to do. I'm depressed. I don't know how to get rid of it. Now I am just a dead man walking on the street. Counting my days. Either way, I'm just living and waiting for death.
    Join the gang.

You need to change your mindset.

(4)

ReputationRep:
    Dear @NILK564
    Although there is nothing wrong with wanting to have friends and wanting for others to like you, I think you have put quite a bit of emphasis on others and your happiness along with it. Firstly, I would advise to love yourself first, self-care. Sometimes, it is hard for others to like you if you feel that way about yourself already.
    Secondly, you can try to find some hobbies, sports (team sport), something to do with creativity or anything. As long as you like it, I'm sure you'll attract same minded people as well. Alternatively, as someone may have already suggested, learn more skills and improve yourself.
    Thirdly, see what would fit you in terms of social interaction, in a large group? or introduction to one another via one to one. It's easier if people like the same things then there is always something to talk about.
    If you think that change is hard, it's not. Really. You can use maybe only 5 to 10 minute each day on a skill you want to develop or something you'd like to do e.g. reading a book, practice and be persistent. Things do accumulate.

I wish you best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2018
Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.