The Student Room Group

madsfilms Summer After GCSEs Bucket List

After I've done my GCSEs I have a long-ish summer to relax and do whatever I want! So this is my Summer After GCSEs Bucket List:

RED - Not Started
ORANGE - In Progress
GREEN - Completed (YAY)

01 : Learn Japanese To A Basic Extent
- I really love the Japanese language and by the end of the summer, I would love to have learned the Hiragana and Katakana Alphabet and some basic words.
02 : Make A Short Film
- I love making films and this will make sure I practice filmmaking over the summer break.
03 : Take 15 Good Photos
- I'm going to South Africa so hopefully I'll get some good shots of the animals and wildlife
04 : Become a Minimalist
- Recently I've been intrigued by living with less, so I want to declutter my room and get rid of a load of stuff
05 : Start Preparing for A-Levels
- To prepare for next year I'm going to look through the syllabus and see if I can get ahead for A-Levels
06 : Read 5 Books
- I have loads of time to read this summer so I'll make the most of it by reading 5 books, a mix of non-fiction and fiction
07 : Face a Fear
- I haven't quite decided what fear to face but I'm going to overcome a fear this summer
08 : Learn Python
- I used to know Python really well but it's faded from my memory so I'm going to try and relearn it
09 : Go Cycling With My Friends
- We've been meaning to do this for ages but we never got round to it. So this summer we can go cycling
10 : Finish Uncharted 4
- I started this before GCSEs and never finished it
11 : Get Some Work Experience
- I should do something productive...
12 : Get My Scrapbook Up To Date
- Yet another thing that I started but didn't finish

That's my Summer Holiday Bucket List, I hope I get everything done :smile:
Original post by madsfilms
After I've done my GCSEs I have a long-ish summer to relax and do whatever I want! So this is my Summer After GCSEs Bucket List:

RED - Not Started
ORANGE - In Progress
GREEN - Completed (YAY)

- I really love the Japanese language and by the end of the summer, I would love to have learned the Hiragana and Katakana Alphabet and some basic words.
- I love making films and this will make sure I practice filmmaking over the summer break.
- I'm going to South Africa so hopefully I'll get some good shots of the animals and wildlife
- Recently I've been intrigued by living with less, so I want to declutter my room and get rid of a load of stuff
- To prepare for next year I'm going to look through the syllabus and see if I can get ahead for A-Levels
- I have loads of time to read this summer so I'll make the most of it by reading 5 books, a mix of non-fiction and fiction
- I haven't quite decided what fear to face but I'm going to overcome a fear this summer
- I used to know Python really well but it's faded from my memory so I'm going to try and relearn it
- We've been meaning to do this for ages but we never got round to it. So this summer we can go cycling

Making a short film is such a good idea for the summer! What would it be about do you reckon? Any themes you want to explore? How is learning Japanese coming alone? Is there any reason in particular you want to learn it?
Reply 2
Original post by Danny Dorito
Making a short film is such a good idea for the summer! What would it be about do you reckon? Any themes you want to explore? How is learning Japanese coming alone? Is there any reason in particular you want to learn it?

I'm not too sure yet, I'm thinking of doing something horror themed, but if I go on holiday then I might make a travel film as well. I wanted to learn Japanese because I find the culture really fascinating and I think Japan is going to be a really influential country in the future. And also, when I was younger I was obsessed with Pokemon so it will be cool to be able to understand some of the Japanese show.
Hope you enjoy the long (and well deserved) holidays after GCSEs :hugs:
I'm not too sure yet, I'm thinking of doing something horror themed, but if I go on holiday then I might make a travel film as well. I wanted to learn Japanese because I find the culture really fascinating and I think Japan is going to be a really influential country in the future. And also, when I was younger I was obsessed with Pokemon so it will be cool to be able to understand some of the Japanese show.

I did Japanese for a while - it's good fun to learn! What are you thinking of using to learn it? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by shadowdweller
I did Japanese for a while - it's good fun to learn! What are you thinking of using to learn it? :smile:

I'm thinking of using a bit of Duolingo, as I am currently using it to learn German for GCSEs. I'll research a bit more to find what is best and see what works for me :smile:
I'm thinking of using a bit of Duolingo, as I am currently using it to learn German for GCSEs. I'll research a bit more to find what is best and see what works for me :smile:

Sounds like a good idea! I hope it goes well for you :biggrin:
Reply 7

RED - Not Started
ORANGE - In Progress
GREEN - Completed (YAY)

this bucket list sounds really cool!!
also, I love Uncharted 4 so much, its a really great game, I'm sure you'll really like it :smile:

How’s the language learning going so far? :biggrin:
oooohh how's the scrapbook going?

Quick Reply

Latest