Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Is it possible to train at a commercial firm and then switch specialisms, ie. after you have qualified, becoming a crown prosecutor for the CPS?

    Yes, but you can do a TC with the CPS which pays for your LPC.

    I don't think that the people who are doing commercial TCs are just using it for the funded LPC. If they are, they're not too bright. Most people long-term goal is to get into general business after law, or in-house. It is not necessarily "do easy criminal".
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 26, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year

University open days

  1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.