The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Lump found in my breast. Help info much appricated

Hello all.
I'm a 23 year old with breast cancer history in family. Few weeks ago I found a hard lump on the top part of my breast. It's firm and does not move around. It's hard as a grain my question is. ( I've already made an appointment and waiting for a scann ect).

My question is ; I also have a contraceptive implant in my arm...

-has anyone expirienced having lumps in your breasts due to the implant and hormone change as my breast will change in 2 cups sizes every few weeks...

As I mentioned before I doubt it's a cists as its too solid also the lump it slef is not painful at all but my breast have been itchy and nipples are I wouldnt quite say in pain but very sensitive. Of course I am paranoid and anxious and my mind is making massive conclusions so I'm here asking if anyone has been in a simmilar situation with the naplexon 3 year implant or anyone with breast cancer history. Many Thanks.
Help much appreciated.

Dominika
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
I wouldn’t wait to get answers on here if I were you, I know no one really wants to - but call your GP asap and go in and have a chat. They’re there to help 😊 in the meantime keep a positive mind and I hope it’s nothing serious
Thank you. I've already made appointments and waiting for a scan but is just the waiting that's eating my up and I suppose I'm just trying to hear something good that will calm me down. Thank you for your reply :smile:
Reply 3
I've felt a few breast lumps over the last few years both while on and off the pill. I too have a breast cancer history in my family and naturally, I freaked out every time I felt a lump. I was lucky in that every lump turned out to be normal breast tissue. I didn't know that some normal breast tissue can feel lumpy and sometimes hard. I was also told I was doing the exam on myself wrong and that led to feeling things that I assumed were sinister. I would recommend seeing your GP or nurse practitioner as soon as possible for a breast exam, mainly to put your mind at rest.
Thank you so much!! That's very helpful. Nice to know someone's been in my shoes. Yeah got a biopsy and scan next week. Many thanks again!
I'm glad to hear you've rung up your GP! It's a very enclosed situation, so my only advise would be to ring up a doctor as I am not a professional. Don't worry about it too much, it's just a we'll see situation, I hope it all goes well x
Original post by WorriedDominika
Thank you so much!! That's very helpful. Nice to know someone's been in my shoes. Yeah got a biopsy and scan next week. Many thanks again!

I’ve posted as I’ve got 2 in my armpit and 1 in my breast. The doctor has refererred me to the breast clinic. My sister who’s a nurse told me I will have a scan and a biopsy. Did the biopsy hurt you and how were the results??
Original post by success4life
I’ve posted as I’ve got 2 in my armpit and 1 in my breast. The doctor has refererred me to the breast clinic. My sister who’s a nurse told me I will have a scan and a biopsy. Did the biopsy hurt you and how were the results??

She hasn’t logged on in over 3.5 years so she won’t reply to you.
Original post by Son of the Sea
She hasn’t logged on in over 3.5 years so she won’t reply to you.

I’ve seen she has posted since. But she could still possibly
Original post by success4life
I’ve seen she has posted since. But she could still possibly

She hasn’t logged on since May of 2018 so the chances she just happens to log back on now and reply to you are virtually 0.
Original post by Son of the Sea
She hasn’t logged on since May of 2018 so the chances she just happens to log back on now and reply to you are virtually 0.

I know what you said, the first time you said it. But like I said-there’s nothing stopping her seeing a notification and replying. Please there is no issue here. Leave me be.

Latest