Turn on thread page Beta

Im fed up of being the freak geek who everyone laughs at watch

This was 2 years ago dont work there anymore and she was bigger than me! a butch ladette who licked the ass of a supervisor who wasnt much better herself

People see me as gulliable and niave

Im either so nervous my shoulders are hunched up and I barely grunt when someone speaks, or wallow on and on nonsense so thats one of the reasons why people see me as weird,

ReputationRep:
    If people see you as the easy target, which it sounds like you are, then they're just going to pick on you. It's not your fault necessarily but people do feel big and clever if they can make their friends laugh but picking on someone. I think perhaps you have to start feeling positive about yourself and try and show this through your behaviour. If someone is rude to you, don't stand for it, as someone has already said, it's not like you're going to punch them on the nose, but definately let them know that you're not a pushover.
    And by the way, not all girls are like that, I promise

ReputationRep:
    If you start respecting yourself more, everyone else will too. All the problems your coming up with can be solved with a little bit of effort.

my list of tips
    fat - work out, burn it off and then build up your muscle.
    Glasses - that doesn't make you a freak.. you just need to build up confidence to pull them off
    A few spots - they dont make or break a person. Drink plenty of water and they will clear up.
    Social skills - these will probably develop as you get more confidence; it will make you more receptive to others. Or join some clubs (get a gym buddy)
    fashion sense - jeans and tshirts are usually fine. But to develop more of a style, when shopping ask the shop assistants for help on what will suit you. This way your social skills are developing and your fashion sense might improve.
    BO - deodrant(sp)
    Hair - hairdressers will show you how.
    Bullies - get some backbone

Sorry if any came a bit harsh/blunt. It wasn't my intention. hope this helps you a little. Mainly anything you're insecure over, you have to motivate yourself to improve it so you dont criticize yourself as much. Confidence is the key to your problems.

The only girls that ever liked me were the ones that felt sorry for me as I was sweet and quiet kinda treating me as if im a new born baby with the "awwwwwwwws"

Im confident in the way I know im a good person just fed up with being treated bad.

ReputationRep:
    It's horrible being rejected, it's one of the worst feelings.
    However, we've all felt the sharp pain, pulled our socks up and got on with it.
    There's really no point feeling sorry for yourself, it won't solve a thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do and it just makes matters worse, probably as I havent the experience/skills in arguing.

People always twist it around on me and I just have a kind of mental block and get worked up.
    They twist it around? I think it's a good measure of character if you're not friends with these people. Next time they take the piss tell them to get a life and grow up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobhope1234)
    Start boxing, it helped me
    And do the whole "Imagine that you're punching the face of every person who took the piss out of you" thing

ReputationRep:
    This was 2 years ago dont work there anymore and she was bigger than me! a butch ladette who licked the ass of a supervisor who wasnt much better herself

People see me as gulliable and niave

Im either so nervous my shoulders are hunched up and I barely grunt when someone speaks, or wallow on and on nonsense so thats one of the reasons why people see me as weird,
    To be honest you sound just as shallow there as the people you are complaining about. If you don't like it on other people then why would you expect others to see you in any other way? If you don't like how you look then change it.

(Original post by jess_17_07)
    To be honest you sound just as shallow there as the people you are complaining about. If you don't like it on other people then why would you expect others to see you in any other way? If you don't like how you look then change it.
    How am I shallow for desribing someone

Cant I not like someone without me being just as bad as them!?!

ReputationRep:
    You just said it right there^^^ your main problem. People dont respect people who dont look after themselves. The Bo thing. If youre overweight and smell, its a bad combo. Take a shower, use some deoderant, get a haircut and your golden.

ReputationRep:
    Look, OP, you know what is wrong with you. And I presume you know how to sort it...

- Go to the gym and lose weight
    - Go out and buy some decent clothes, and get a new haircut - and maybe some stylish glasses
    - Start to stick up for yourself, and don't be a pushover
    - Walk in a more authoritative way, shoulders back and tummy in, etc
    - Take up some new hobbies. Start playing Squash - you'll meet a load of new people, or even at the gym there will be some people there. Try going travelling, do some new activities such as scuba diving or paragliding or flying

You know what to do. **** everyone else. This is your life. DO it for yourself, nobody elses.

Good luck!!

(Original post by Jarve99)
    You just said it right there^^^ your main problem. People dont respect people who dont look after themselves. The Bo thing. If youre overweight and smell, its a bad combo. Take a shower, use some deoderant, get a haircut and your golden.
    I shower and when I do(at least once a day I spend between 20 minutes to an hour) as I love to clean it runs in family as my mum has it too and shes thin she showers 3 or 4 times a day often, more when on holiday

got my hair cut, dyed and styled a few weeks ago.

I use deoderant and aftershave

I excercise regular just dont go to gym, I walk each day ages, as I hate being lazy.

Im just scrufy even when tidy, which sounds mixed up but what I mean is doesnt matter if I wear neat clothes I kinda look scruffyish as my clothes arent tight enough

ReputationRep:
    Go to the gym. Go on a diet. I would recommend contacts (I wear them), otherwise stop caring about glasses. Try to ignore them and make friends elsewhere, they are a bunch of **** heads anyway (don't tell them though), and maybe, after you've been bullied for an hour and developed muscle, fight them, or tell them that they are afraid of fighting you etc, and kick their ass.

ReputationRep:
    I use deoderant and aftershave Get a new type, the ones you are using obviously don't work. OR, lose weight!

I excercise regular just dont go to gym, I walk each day ages, as I hate being lazy.How regularly? If you are serious about weight loss, you need to be going at least every two days, and must stop eating any un-healthy foods.

Im just scrufy even when tidy, which sounds mixed up but what I mean is doesnt matter if I wear neat clothes I kinda look scruffyish as my clothes arent tight enoughBuy some new clothes, some decent shirts or polo shirts or plain jumers. Polo shirt + grey jumper + trainers + brown shoes -> tidy.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I dont mean this in a nasty way, I felt being fat got in the way of my social life a bit, I lost a lot of weight feel good and not being big headed must look good because a lot of women are intrested which is brilliant not only that but if you go to the gym you will probably meet a lot of new people and boost those social skills of yours etc..

ReputationRep:
    I shower and when I do(at least once a day I spend between 20 minutes to an hour) as I love to clean it runs in family as my mum has it too and shes thin she showers 3 or 4 times a day often, more when on holiday

got my hair cut, dyed and styled a few weeks ago.

I use deoderant and aftershave

I excercise regular just dont go to gym, I walk each day ages, as I hate being lazy.

Im just scrufy even when tidy, which sounds mixed up but what I mean is doesnt matter if I wear neat clothes I kinda look scruffyish as my clothes arent tight enough

look- from what youve said you sound like a nice guy- and are doing things right- maybe try excercising more- eating more helthily etc

however, that should be something extra

is people cant see you for the nice person you are- and just slept with you for a laugh, or laugh at you in clubs- what kind of people are they

it sounds cheesy- but someone who can actually SEE that its whats on the inside that counts- then theyre the people you want to look out for- like me, yeh i make a snap judgement of people, but after a few minutes- if you like the person, then what they look like genuinely doesnt effect me- ( unless theyre dodgy looking! lol

so just hang on- keep going out etc, but youll find the right person

sorry if this is of no use to you! xx

ReputationRep:
    I have alot of respect for you. Going clubbing and girls doing that? Thats really pathetic but you keep at it and thats what sets you apart. I would says don't change your personality at all because some people respect upstanding guys that are gentlemen and have manners and aren't complete morons. I'm a lad myself and for you to do that is really nice. I would suggest is re-evaluating the way you look, this is the only thing thats in your way. Get to the gym, admit your fat and just get on with it. Stop looking like a loser and you won't be one.

ReputationRep:
    This will become almost a cliche. Nothing boost confidence, like 3 sessions of weight training a week . You know, I find gym to help out with so many stresses of life, I can't thank it enough to be honest. Somtimes when Im extremly depressed, sad, angry, just go gym - it is truly a medicine for the soul.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobhope1234)
    Start boxing, it helped me
    Boxing the people who are rude...I'd advise against that...

Dude, it's been said. Gain confidence, join a gym, join a boxing class, join a place where you can make friends with people who have something in common with you.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being the victim and being negative. Take control. Get up tomorrow lose all that weight and stop being 'kind' and 'nice' it will get you nowhere in life especially with girls. Good luck dude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpnhX...eature=related

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 16, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.