The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They're ok, but I wouldn't personally wear them to school. There's a girl in my year who does, she doesn't look bad. One of my lesser educated (in fashion) friends did comment "has she drawn a black line down her leg?" lol..
Anyway this girl usually wears heels, something like chunky mary jane type, medium length skirts, and some kind of shirt/smartish top.. it might sound it but it's not OTT or too formal (i.e. looks like she stepped out the office.) It's not all white/black either. Like, creams/blues/greens and stuff..
So yeah, I think as long as you don't look too office-type then you can pull it off.
Reply 2
I think they'll work really well, worn properly.

Get black ones (not flesh/white/pink etc), and wear them with heels (not boots/flats), and I think they'll make a really nice winter-spring accessory with tea dresses/kilts.

It's too cold for the huge coats etc of winter, but not warm enough to go bare legged yet, so it's a nice inbetween actually :smile:
Reply 3
I really like them, will probably try a pair on at some point! It does seem waaaaaay too faffy for lectures and day wear though....and I went to the library (in the wind and rain) yesterady wearing 3.5 inch heels so I'm not one to bum around in trackies and trainers!!
I really love them but my mum says I'd look like a whore. She had the same problem with knee socks grr
Reply 5
I like them, but I'm not a seam person. I got a few stockings recently from sock dreams and i'm loving them.
Reply 6
IAmElectroBoy
I really love them but my mum says I'd look like a whore. She had the same problem with knee socks grr

Your mum is crazy. Did every woman in the 30s and 40s look whorish, then?
Reply 7
LOVE LOVE LOVE. Perfect accessory - Wolford do amazing pairs.
Reply 8
I like them, but they go all wibbly during the course of the day, so they're too faffy for me.
Hel
Your mum is crazy. Did every woman in the 30s and 40s look whorish, then?

She isn't crazy thanks, we're just big Cabaret fans...
Besides, she means on me and I wasn't wearing them with a pencil skirt and Mjs, it was with a babydoll dress and clumpy heels and I had been rocking the Gothic Lolita/Kinderwhore look so it's not really her fault...
Reply 10
IAmElectroBoy
She isn't crazy thanks, we're just big Cabaret fans...
Besides, she means on me and I wasn't wearing them with a pencil skirt and Mjs, it was with a babydoll dress and clumpy heels and I had been rocking the Gothic Lolita/Kinderwhore look so it's not really her fault...

I still disagree with her. And I think that outfit sounds awesome.
Hel
I still disagree with her. And I think that outfit sounds awesome.

It was :wink: Saving it for a concert at the end of the month :smile:
Reply 12
IAmElectroBoy
It was :wink: Saving it for a concert at the end of the month :smile:

Cool, who're you going to see? Hopefully someone good if you're dressing like that...
i don't like them. they can look kind of daft and ott if you don't get them right
Hel
Cool, who're you going to see? Hopefully someone good if you're dressing like that...

IAMX :smile: I'm praying he'll wear his glam-Tudor outfit and then people'll understand my lace gloves and Japanese fashion in a Liverpool club on a Sunday night :biggrin:

Reply 15
IAmElectroBoy
IAMX :smile: I'm praying he'll wear his glam-Tudor outfit and then people'll understand my lace gloves and Japanese fashion in a Liverpool club on a Sunday night :biggrin:

Not heard of before, but that picture + Wikipedia entry = rather appealing...
you're seeing IAMX?! You lucky girl! God knows I've wanted to see him so many times, he doesn't come close enough! :mad:
Reply 17
I love them but not appropriate for college, a bit over the top for day wear.
Evenings with a simple but gorgeous body con dress, yes!

I wear them more so in the bedroom. Im more of a jeans and t-shirt girl in the day.
La Trampa
you're seeing IAMX?! You lucky girl! God knows I've wanted to see him so many times, he doesn't come close enough! :mad:

Haha awww well tickets are cheap if you're near Liverpool on 30th March :smile:
Reply 19
I think I will be brave and go for it... depending on the weather tomorrow!

Latest