a sincere question for Muslims

Scroll to see replies

I have never been inside prime minister castro
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by nadia23432554
Seek refuge in god from the devil.
The devil whispers can change someone.

I fail to see how this is useful advice for someone who is literally on the verge of disbelieving
:confused::confused::confused::confused:
Original post by Ray_Shadows
well either fast properly or don't fast at all....

Why?
Original post by inxy
I fail to see how this is useful advice for someone who is literally on the verge of disbelieving
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Im way beyond disbelief lol, im a level 99 jedi ex-Muslim
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Why?

why what
not particularly haha, I want that burrito inside of me though :frown:
Original post by Hi_YouAlright?
all of the above. no-one has successfully proved to me that Allah actually exists

There is no evidence. You need to decide for yourself why that is, and how some are so 'certain' or 'know' without any evidence.
Reply 27
I can't help believing that it wasn't written by Allah, because he doesn't exist. and that's why there are mistakes in he Quran and why the religion itself is tailored to benefit the men that supposedly wrote it

Mistakes such as??? be more specific lol
Also it is v true that across the years many of the sheikhs etc. asked to INTERPRET verses of the quran/ hadith have twisted the meaning to suit their own means, however these days, attitudes are changing and the increased presence of women in the field has helped, although it is still a major problem problem. i suggest looking into this website: it contains loads of info on different topics
https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/homepage/
Original post by LolIGotAU
Talk to someone who knows about Islam but not just the typical friend or elder at the masjid who blindly follows. Talk to a person that knows why they are a muslim and maybe take inspiration from them.
Are you asserting that a non-Muslim cannot know about Islam? Why not talk to an ex-Muslim, atheist, or followers of other religions?
Original post by inxy
Mistakes such as??? be more specific lol
Also it is v true that across the years many of the sheikhs etc. asked to INTERPRET verses of the quran/ hadith have twisted the meaning to suit their own means, however these days, attitudes are changing and the increased presence of women in the field has helped, although it is still a major problem problem. i suggest looking into this website: it contains loads of info on different topics
https://yaqeeninstitute.org/en/homepage/

well https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Quran choose your pick
Original post by RogerOxon
Are you asserting that a non-Muslim cannot know about Islam? Why not talk to an ex-Muslim, atheist, or followers of other religions?

Clearly not. If you read what I said, specifically 'take inspiration from them' its obvious why I said to ask a muslim. Besides, I even 'asserted' that some muslims themselves don't know about Islam. That's why I also mentioned that op shouldn't look into Islam haphazardly, otherwise most of the input she'll receive will be with a skewed agenda like half this forum.
Why would they wanna really believe in Islam if nothing in islam attracts them?
Original post by LolIGotAU
Clearly not. If you read what I said, specifically 'take inspiration from them' its obvious why I said to ask a muslim. Besides, I even 'asserted' that some muslims themselves don't know about Islam. That's why I also mentioned that op shouldn't look into Islam haphazardly, otherwise most of the input she'll receive will be with a skewed agenda like half this forum.

The only reliable way to know what is true is by examining the evidence.

To 'take inspiration' from Muslims is obviously not going to give an impartial opinion.
Original post by Ray_Shadows
why what

Why must he either fast properly or not fast? If you’re an ex-Muslim and you know you’d get into deep **** for not fasting then why shouldn’t you be able to fake fast?
Why must he either fast properly or not fast? If you’re an ex-Muslim and you know you’d get into deep **** for not fasting then why shouldn’t you be able to fake fast?

oh i didn't know OP was an ex muslim :biggrin:

i guess that's more understanding

When you fast in Ramadan, you're doing it for God.

If you find it hard to even believe in the God you're fasting for, then why fast?

Fake fasting is the same as making a fake promise - neither will please the person you're doing it for/saying it too.
Reply 37

how can i respond seriously when half of these translations are wrong lmao?????? i found a few websites responding though
https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Scientific_Errors_in_the_Qur%27an_(Response)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiNFKMJNBYc
Original post by RogerOxon
The only reliable way to know what is true is by examining the evidence.

To 'take inspiration' from Muslims is obviously not going to give an impartial opinion.

I did mention that she should look into Islam and dedicate time into it so I do agree with you in terms of examining the evidence. However, just looking at quotes from various Islamic books without understanding the total context and many opinions of scholars, wouldn't be ideal. This is what I'm trying to get at.

Regarding the impartial opinion, I don't think the op will be able to get an impartial opinion from anyone imo but regardless, op 'really wants to believe in Islam' so a muslim who understands their faith seems like the best option. They aren't going to give the 'generic' response and maybe will help op in their faith.
I can't help believing that it wasn't written by Allah, because he doesn't exist. and that's why there are mistakes in he Quran and why the religion itself is tailored to benefit the men that supposedly wrote it

You've already made a few mistakes in your question:

1) The Quran wasn't written by Allah. The message from Allah was passed on through the angel Gabriel to Muhammad (PBUH), the Prophet then passed on (verbally) God's message to the Muslims. The scholars under the 3rd Caliph Uthman then pieced together the Quran (the written version of Muhammad's message).
2) The Quran is open to Interpretation; how a certain person comprehends it, is different to how another comprehends it.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending