The Student Room Group

Am I really bipolar?

Basically I'm seeing this guy, things are serious but he doesn't want a girlfriend just yet which I'm fine with. We both absolutely adore each other and both are faithful, he doesn't even look at other girls. Although I'm confident he wants only me, I still worry at the fact he'll find someone better. I have been in some troubling relationships in the past, and he says it's because I'm too kind and naive so that's why I've been treated that way. However I do tend to get angry over the slightest of things and really upset. The other day I had been getting severe cramps and begged to see him, when he said he was feeling ill I kept nagging him and over exaggerating while saying things like "you don't want me" and such. I don't know where this anger comes from. He will say something and ill just take it out of context. He says he loves my "bipolar fits" but I don't see what is so attractive about kicking off over the slightest of things? I know I have some MH issues but am I really bipolar? My mood can change so dramatically over the smallest of things. It's really worrying as I don't want to be crazy, especially when we aren't even dating. I get over protective when we go to the skate-park because he is very very attractive and since we aren't in a relationship I have no say in what makes me uncomfortable and why he shouldn't talk to girls but it drives me insane when girls talk to him. He's naturally a bubbly person and can talk about anything so I try keep that in mind but then the thought of me being supposedly "bipolar" stays in my head and I get frustrated. I trust him with my life so I don't get why I'm acting like this? Half the time I don't know I'm doing it. I never used to this protective and jealous. I'm probably over-thinking it but I can't help it. Is there anything i can do to control it I suppose?
I'm a little bit iffy on the guy. Joking about your mental health and positioning himself in a situation where it (sounds like) an open relationship at his behest. I dunno - you might be better finding someone who does want to be in a relationship with you - which in turn could make you feel more comfortable and stable.

More generally, I'd have a chat with a doctor if you're struggling.
Unlikely to be bipolar tbh, because mood changes don't tend to be that fast.

Check out borderline personality disorder.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR.
Original post by Sabertooth
Unlikely to be bipolar tbh, because mood changes don't tend to be that fast.

Check out borderline personality disorder.

I AM NOT A DOCTOR.

Most likely BPD or Anxiety or both, my bipolar moods can change quickly if there’s a cause for them. But 90% of the time they do not change fast so you are correct
You don't have bipolar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending