The Student Room Group

In a difficult situation

I only got accepted into Dentistry (my 5th UCAS choice), whereas all my other 4 choices for medicine were rejected. Should I just stick to what I was offered or share this with the admission officer? I am an international student about to matriculate in 2018. What are the chances?
Reply 1
do you want to be a dentist
Original post by redonks
do you want to be a dentist

I want to be a doctor, I am afraid the university might withdraw my offer :frown:
Reply 3
Original post by hopeful.student5
I want to be a doctor, I am afraid the university might withdraw my offer :frown:

honestly I think they're unlikely to change your offer to medicine
is reapplying next year an option?
Original post by redonks
honestly I think they're unlikely to change your offer to medicine
is reapplying next year an option?

Unfortunately it is not
Unfortunately it is not

why can you not take a year out and reapply? most medicine applicants who fail to get an offer reapply the following year.

definitely do not accept your offer to study dentistry unless you are sure you will enjoy the course and not regret not having gone for medicine again, dentistry requires a lot of commitment and you would be miserable unless you enjoy it.
Reply 6

They won't withdraw the offer if you simply ask about changing your course. But there's no way they will change it to Medicine.

You could potentially change to something like Biomedical Science if you don't want to be a dentist (why apply for Dentistry if you don't plan to be one...).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Your highest chance to do medicine is to gap year and reapply. Start strengthening your application now.

Quick Reply

Latest