The Student Room Group

Why do I have recurring angular cheilitis?

If you don't know what it is, it's when the corners of your mouth split. Typically people get it once and then it's done but I get it at least once every month or two. It developed on one side a few days ago and I woke up with it on the other side this morning. I have good general health, don't have any symptoms of a yeast infection, don't drool like a dog in my sleep, have normal teeth and good oral health. I don't know what to do :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
If you don't know what it is, it's when the corners of your mouth split. Typically people get it once and then it's done but I get it at least once every month or two. It developed on one side a few days ago and I woke up with it on the other side this morning. I have good general health, don't have any symptoms of a yeast infection, don't drool like a dog in my sleep, have normal teeth and good oral health. I don't know what to do :frown:

See a doctor?
Reply 2
See a doctor?

I have a three week wait until my appointment which is why I wanted someone to throw some ideas at me now.
Do you use mouth wash - i know someone who had braces and used a mouth wash that was too strong. Or it may be some kind of deficiency.
are you a vegetarian or a vegan ?
Reply 5
Original post by Hugh's Swan
Do you use mouth wash - i know someone who had braces and used a mouth wash that was too strong. Or it may be some kind of deficiency.

I do but I only started using it this year. This has been an ongoing issue for at least two years now. Also I don't have braces.

I've had a few bloot tests recently and my iron, ferratin, B12 etc levels are all normal.

Original post by the bear
are you a vegetarian or a vegan ?

Nope. Omnivore here.
I do but I only started using it this year. This has been an ongoing issue for at least two years now. Also I don't have braces.

I've had a few bloot tests recently and my iron, ferratin, B12 etc levels are all normal.

Nope. Omnivore here.

this might help:

https://www.bluemcare.com/en-uk/10-remedies-angular-cheilitis/
Reply 7
Did you ever get rid of it?

Quick Reply

Latest