Can you help me with points for this essay question? (AQA Business Studies A2)

Watch
Jeevannnnn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Question: A business has lost it's market leadership position to lower-cost competiitors. To what extent do you think the business will need to change it's organisational culture in order to regain marketshare?

My points so far (i need 2 for both sides)

Why they should change organisational culture

1. Innovative culture may be better and there is proof this has been successsful > Google (Gmail) Intrapreneurship > This can help a business who used to be a market leader to innovate and create new products etc etc etc

Why they shouldn't change organisational culture

1. There may be more important areas that a business should focus on such as achieving a differentiation advantage to better compete with these lower-cost competitors etc etc etc

2. The business could change elements of the marketing mix to stimulate demand etc etc etc
Sabnamraii
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
As counterargument you can go back to the same point but focus on the cons. So in the first para you talk about why its necessary to change the culture and how tis beneficial as to helping the business to gain market share. So now in the counter argument you can mention to drawbacks of culture change- i.e. its disruptive, employees are not going to like it thus you can mention klotter and schlesingers resistances tot change.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (26)
5.7%
Uncertainty around my education (52)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (55)
12.06%
Lack of purpose or motivation (59)
12.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (24)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (20)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (46)
10.09%
Financial worries (28)
6.14%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (19)
4.17%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.58%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
3.07%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (45)
9.87%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (38)
8.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed