Help I don't know what's wrong

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi I'm a 19 year old male. In March 2018 I was diagnosed with a severe vitamin D defficency. I had blood tests done and all my organs and blood were fine. I was prescribed 25000 iu vitamin D for 6 weeks for which now ended. I am now taking 1000 iu vitamin d daily. So about 3 weeks ok I started having diarrehea or constipation it seems to have gotten worse now. I went to see my gp as I initially believed it was constipation but after showing them photos she told me it was diarrehea. She said that I should do a stool sample (my diarrehea was not watery type). That is until the next day when it became watery. Now I hear my stomach make noises more often. Now my gp suggested it was Ibs but I'm scared that it is cancer or an obstruction or faecel impaction. Anyone got any advice or have experienced something similar please let me know. May I add that before I was diagnosed with vitamin D defficency I was getting calf pain headaches and I also experienced right side abdominal pain. I also noticed during this time changes in my bowel movements and I just put it down to vitamin D. I even brought this up to my gp after being diagnosed with vit d defficency and he said it's most likely ibs. Thanks.
ultimateradman
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would definitely go back to the GP.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
what is your diet like?
Anonymous #1
Well at the moment Ramadan is here however i have changed my diet I eat less junk food but I have to admit I don't eat as much fruit or veg and also fiber as I should do. I currently weigh 80.8kg and only 3 or 4 days ago I was 83.3kg is this normal to lose this amount of weight. Also I visited my gp several times they keep telling me stress is the problem and the gp said I'm too young and healthy for cancer
Anonymous #1
I don't understand gps just because of my age they think I'm immortal or something. I keep telling them I don't feel normal or well they keep telling me it's stress. It's like there physic and don't take me seriously. I have had diarrehea for 3 weeks the gp tells me to do a stool sample blood one normal priority having a laugh about normal priority. 3 weeks of diarrehea ain't normal.
Anonymous #1
I still tend to eat grilled burgers gourmet style no fries I usually get milkshake aswell sometimes galaxy mostly kinder bueno white. But I haven't been in over 2 weeks I think.
Anonymous #1
Could I just be defficient in magnesium as a result of my vit d defficency. Gps also don't have a clue what there doing sometimes. I mean fasting could be making my diarrehea worse because of lack of fluids for long periods. And if it is an issue regarding a tolerance to a certain food. I have no idea how to tell if it's related to that.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
How does someone confuse diarrhoea with constipation?!
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
OK.
i will try and help u as much as i can (food wise) when i am eating my sehri. so after a few hours.
Anonymous #1
It's both of them sometimes it's diarrehea sometimes it's constipation. The doctor says it's diarrehea and yes the next day I did have watery diarrehea but I also feel now that i am constipated like i have to strain to have a bowel movement.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
ok.

what you need to do is look at your body as a whole. Just taking some minerals or vitamins wont fix your health (they can help).
also there is not much the doctor can do for you.
lets compare the human body to a car.
if you eat too much unnatural, non nutritious food your body will get sick. just like when you put diesel in a petrol car it wont really work would it?
Exercise. your gonna have to do some. maybe play some football or another intense sport. Running is also great. or you could do some martial arts like judo or boxing..... what happens to a car when you leave it in the garage for ages? it gets rusty, it wont drive as well as it can.
if you want to have to have a healthy strong body you are going to have the right fuel and you are going to have to do some exercise.

Also try to lose a few kgs of weight but that will happen by itself when you eat real.
You are going to have to change your diet. its vital
what i suggest you do is:

-do more zhikr, read more quran and make duaa

Basically try to avoid (for at least 2 weeks to see improvements):-
-having all forms of sugar, especially white sugar
-ALL fried food (including crisps)
- Milk products
- Wheat (bread, pasta etc.)
- meat and chicken
- artificial sweeteners
milk and wheat are some of the most common allergens and can cause alot of havoc in your digestive system. just avoid the foods above for about 2 weeks to see how you feel.

HIghly recommened foods that you should increase are:-
pulses (e.g chickpeas, kidney beans, cannelenni beans...) high in fibre and protein.
Vegetables ( Think colorful salads, steamed, grilled, raw, )
Fruits ( Avocado, apples, pears, bananas, watermelon, mango, coconut flesh ......) dont mix citrus fruits with sweet fruits have them separate.
Nuts and seeds (Nut and seed butters are amazing, high in protein and fibre and also filling, roast them soak them....)
Dried fruit (Dates, sultanas, figs.. (high in fibre and very sweet)
Healthy oils ( raw extra virgin coconut, extra virgin olive oil)
Fish (tinned wild slmon and tinned mackeral are my favourite)
Whole grains (spelt, oats, rice(don't have too much white rice), quinoa....)
Hummus
Nairns rough oatcakes
sugar and wheat free cereals/ granola (lizis granola, dorset cereals honey granola)
organic live yoghurt with no added sugar (good for digestion)
Brown rice/spelt noodles or pasta
unsweetened dairy free mylk
make sure to drink at the very least, 1.5 litres of water.

i wish i could sit with with you and give you ideas of what to have but heres a few.

if you have a juicer at home USE it. Vegetable juice is extremely good for you, so refreshing and much easier than eating veg. try to make it it green but you can add in carrots to it more tasty. there are hundreds of combinations. veg juice is better than fruit juice, but if u have fruit juice
make it by yourself. don't mix veg with fruit.
Make your own smoothies!!
fruit(not citrus) +1/2 avocado,some seeds and nuts + coconut water/ water/dairy free milk.

when opening the fast drink at least 2-3 cups of water and some carrot and green veg juice if you want.
To make things easy just have a big bowl of fruit with some almond butter/ sunflower seeds for iftar. much more refreshing than than the unhealthy food most people eat.

i really recommend that you read Joshis alkaline diet (search it up)

hope this helps. Eat real and see how you feel. i garuanntee you will feel better if you eat fresh vibrant foods.
i know this might sound like a lot of information and it might be hard but try your best. explore the the natural food kingdom
also it will be tough for the first couple of days but you will feel alot better after inshaalah.

feel free to ask me anything u want
Anonymous #1
I have noticed a progression of my bowel movements worsening from 3 months ago. I have changed my diet quite a lot already and I was exercising a lot aswell before Ramadan. I had been doing everything to improve my diet. J had even lost weight. During Ramadan I have eaten more fruits and I also have been eating prunes. I know your message is very detailed telling me to adapt or incorporate these tips into my diet. I admit I eat no where near the amount of fiber daily. I just feel very ill and I know your suggestions may help me but I am still having this feeling that something is not right. There is something medically wrong which is causing my problems I have never felt like this before and my diet was worse before.
I have cut out junk food
Crisps
Chocolate
Fizzy drinks
Biscuits

I think your right in the sense that I need to add more healthy fruits into my diet as they contain a lot of vitamins which I am probably also defficent in.

Do you suggest I start incorporating your ideas slowly into my diet and also to take the stool sample test and wait for results.

Diarrehea lasting for weeks mixed with constipation is a very serious issue so I want my gp to do some tests to rule out medical conditions or problems such as IBD or cancer.

I know I'm very young to have cancer but I'm beginning to feel as though it's either IBD or cancer causing my issues.

Once again thanks for your tips
Anonymous #1
Are fruits like watermelon apples and banana pear good aswell. Sometimes changing diet or increasing fiber intake to much can worsen the problem I have. Should i increase gradually the intake of fiber so maybe for a week just eat a wide range of fruits. Then being added more stuff such as oatmeal and other fiber rich foods prunes aswell. You say it will take time for me to notice a change in myself but I have noticed a change in my health over the last few months. My stomach keeps making noises now more than before. It's probably me being hungry.

Maybe my problems have occurred because my body is adapting to changes in my diet and it needs time to get used to it.

Finally, out of curiosity did u go through a similar experience to me.
Anonymous #1
I also have to admit I don't eat a lot of rice. Rice is very important it contains fiber and other nutrients. I to tend to eat roti on most days.

For iftar I think there is roast chicken with potatoes and vegetable noodles today
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I also have to admit I don't eat a lot of rice. Rice is very important it contains fiber and other nutrients. I to tend to eat roti on most days.

For iftar I think there is roast chicken with potatoes and vegetable noodles today
lol. white rice isn't that good.
make sure that the roti is wholegrain and not white.
by vegetable noodles do you mean noodles completely made from veg and nothing else?
if they are wheat noodles it would be wise to have the chicken with some grilled veg instead.
purplepeacock
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How does someone confuse diarrhoea with constipation?!
lmao
Anonymous #1
The noodles have vegetables in it. The chicken will have potatoes brocolli cauliflower and carrots all vegetables will be steamed.
Anonymous #1
The roti is a mixture of wholegrain and white I believe. I haven't had white rice in a while. If I have had rice recently it is mostly brown rice with vegetables.
Anonymous #1
A change in diet can cause you to become more regular if the diet is a positive healthy diet. Whereas a diet filled with fatty fried sugary foods will make you more constipated or just not as regular. I think the main thing I should try is to increase my fiber and fruits.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
A change in diet can cause you to become more regular if the diet is a positive healthy diet. Whereas a diet filled with fatty fried sugary foods will make you more constipated or just not as regular. I think the main thing I should try is to increase my fiber and fruits.
Be aware that increasing fibre can make diarrhoea worse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (100)
27.17%
England (123)
33.42%
Belgium (29)
7.88%
Germany (40)
10.87%
Spain (8)
2.17%