Revision planner Watch

torn7831
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is there any online revision planner anywhere. I remember using one on the BBC Bitesize to make a big revision timetable, but they seem to have removed it. I think they took it off because it didnt print properly, but I used to just screenshot it.

I'm asking because at the moment, I really cant be bothered to do anything - revision or homework. If I make a plan I might actually do something!

Any tips? I'll read through the forum, but its changed look since last year.
prospective student
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've always just designed my own revision planner. Go on excel and fill out a week-by-week grid with the days along the top and time slots down the side. Next make a list of all the topics you need to revise in each subject and give each one an appropriate amount of slots. Make sure you leave time slots for hobbies/job/social.
Easy! And tailored to your specific needs.
Now all you need to do is stick to it.
torn7831
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Yeah cool, I'll make my own
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do people actualy do these? i thought that was just the school being a bit desperate to get us to revise....
prospective student
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Callipygian)
Do people actualy do these? i thought that was just the school being a bit desperate to get us to revise....
Well i guess that not everyone does, but it really helps as you are more likely to keep to your revision plans if they are writtem down and deciding which topic you will do in advance prevents wasting time choosing every day.
What results did you get (GCSEs, AS/A Levels) if you think revision planners are a joke?
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmmm crazy, i know i won't keep to it if i write it down. I just can't seem to be productive unless it's urgent.
prospective student
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well i guess that explains the slightly rocky results. I'm thinking of applying to Oxford so need to get as high marks as possible. So far 9A*s 2As at GCSE and 100% in January maths module for AS.
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol, GCSEs are in the past... I got into LSE so i dont really mind about GCSEs anymore.
i'm no superman
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm...I find it hard to stick with a revision schedule. I tend to move on to a different subject / topic if I get bored of the one I'd be doing instead of focus on timeslots and what not. It's down to the individual at the end of the day. Whatever works best.
Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Last year for my GCSEs I got given a big A3 blank timetable, so that I could write down all of my plans for revision. I don't think many people used it, but I did because I thought that it might help - and it did! I'm going to make one this year for my AS exams, they're really helpful and encouraged me to revise.
Joe555
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm full-swing into my revision schedule. Started back in decemeber!? Haven't you started yet Maz? tutut Mr b. would not be happy! Oh well, at least we have MR MOTIVATOR aka. Mr cool coming in tomorrow to motivate us!! YAY
Asclepius
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
Well i guess that not everyone does, but it really helps as you are more likely to keep to your revision plans if they are writtem down and deciding which topic you will do in advance prevents wasting time choosing every day.
What results did you get (GCSEs, AS/A Levels) if you think revision planners are a joke?
I think they're a joke, i got 6 A*s 5 As 2 Bs and a C at GCSE, and 4 As at AS (including quite a few 100% modules), predicted 3 As at A Level. So please don't just assume that everyone who doesn't use them does badly
Callipygian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Joe555)
I'm full-swing into my revision schedule. Started back in decemeber!? Haven't you started yet Maz? tutut Mr b. would not be happy! Oh well, at least we have MR MOTIVATOR aka. Mr cool coming in tomorrow to motivate us!! YAY
lol your mental joe, and totaly stalking me on TSR.

Mr. b would eat my soul if he knew
Joe555
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol your mental joe, and totaly stalking me on TSR.

Mr. b would eat my soul if he knew
Tbh, your avator is a bit extreme and colourful, when looking at the recently posted threads or w/e your picture hurts my delicate eye and i can't help but click on the link. Especially when the topic is 'Revision planner' as we all know i love revision!
Cooro
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For my last year at high school, we were all given a wall chart revision planner and a CD of 'easy listening' music to relax us (they called it 'Exam Chill-out' and I still have it somewhere :giggle:) I wish they'd give us wall planners at college though, it was really useful.
motiv3
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Frankly, revision planers are neither a joke nor something to think highly of. Basically, its just there to help those who need it organise their time effectively. Some people can organise themselves without the means of a diary or a timetable but others cannot so i wouldnt base the results of a person on whether they had a timetable because frankly timetables even though you might have one...doesnt mean your going to use it does it?

So even though you might have a timetable, once again its up to you to use it effectively and Alex L, congrats on the grades man!
Asclepius
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by motiv3)
Frankly, revision planers are neither a joke nor something to think highly of. Basically, its just there to help those who need it organise their time effectively. Some people can organise themselves without the means of a diary or a timetable but others cannot so i wouldnt base the results of a person on whether they had a timetable because frankly timetables even though you might have one...doesnt mean your going to use it does it?

So even though you might have a timetable, once again its up to you to use it effectively and Alex L, congrats on the grades man!
Lol thanks, just wanted to show that it was possible to get what you want whilst not using a revision planner, although personally I wouldn't criticise somebody for using one either, if thats how you feel you will be most productive then go for it. Tbh, I probably waste quite abit of time when revising, but I couldn't follow a set timetable either
ZoeH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prospective student)
I'm thinking of applying to Oxford so need to get as high marks as possible. So far 9A*s 2As at GCSE and 100% in January maths module for AS.
My friend got rejected from Oxford for Maths with 10 A*s and 2 As at GCSE and 6 As at AS with lots of 100%s and high 90%s and I have an offer from Cambridge with 5 A*s, 2 As and 3 Bs at GCSE and just AABB at AS. They don't really care about exams that much...you're probably better off reading something interesting and course-related than making endless revision timetables. :rolleyes:
xxLilsiexx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i spent a week of my gcse exam revision time making a beautiful revision plan with different colours and patterns.... it was gorgeous but it stopped me from revising and once i made it i didnt use it or anything... i then just deleted my myspace and facebook and internet and sat down and looked at my books til i learnt stuff tbqh... revision planners work for some people but with others they just make you put off revision further lol
AlphaWulf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ZoeH)
My friend got rejected from Oxford for Maths with 10 A*s and 2 As at GCSE and 6 As at AS with lots of 100%s and high 90%s and I have an offer from Cambridge with 5 A*s, 2 As and 3 Bs at GCSE and just AABB at AS. They don't really care about exams that much...you're probably better off reading something interesting and course-related than making endless revision timetables. :rolleyes:
If I didn't know better I'd think you were talking about me. I was in exactly the same position (grades and all) but for Cambridge.

Anywho, I always thought revision planners were a bit of a joke too (no disrespect to those who use them, it's just the impression I got). Doesn't anyone ever get that feeling when they wake up where they know exactly what they feel like revising that day? Some days I fancy just trundling through maths, others I feel a little motivation so I drown it with english.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (65)
27.2%
No (174)
72.8%

Watched Threads