The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Angelil
Does your deodorant actually work? And are you washing under your arms and then putting on deodorant or just slapping deodorant on over the smell? And if you're female, are you shaving your underarms regularly?

I suggest you upgrade your deodorant to Mitchum if you don't already use it, even if you don't do anything else that will help.

Seconded.
try brushing your tongue, i hear that helps.

i'd do it but it makes me gip.
Anonymous
My friend who smelled so bad, he showered at least 3 times a day but couldnt get rid of the smell. He cleaned his clothes regulary. He washed his bed sheets once a week..and still couldnt get rid of the smell. He..ahem, does his business onto his bed so I suggested that he stop doing that and wash the actual duvet inside the cover. He didnt smell much anymore after that.

Right...what?

Can we just clarify what exactly you mean by the term "business." Just for my own peace of mind.
Reply 23
clockworkapples
Right...what?

Can we just clarify what exactly you mean by the term "business." Just for my own peace of mind.

He does his taxes.

What do you think?
Reply 24
Change Lynx to a roll-on. I know the adverts say girls love Lynx, but it's a lie for any girl over 16. It's not very effective at stopping you perspirating. Also, your diet is terrible, eat a proper breakfast (just a cereal will do) and try to eat something for lunch. If you are overweight this can cause you to perspirate more than normal.

However, you may not smell, and you may just be being picked on. Ask someone you can trust to honestly tell you if you smell (like your mum). If not, then try to ignore it.
mouthwash. chewing gum/mints.
visesh
He does his taxes.

What do you think?

Well he's either ******* or crapping.
Reply 27
or pissing, don't forget that.
Reply 28
Poica
Change Lynx to a roll-on. I know the adverts say girls love Lynx, but it's a lie for any girl over 16. It's not very effective at stopping you perspirating. Also, your diet is terrible, eat a proper breakfast (just a cereal will do) and try to eat something for lunch. If you are overweight this can cause you to perspirate more than normal.

However, you may not smell, and you may just be being picked on. Ask someone you can trust to honestly tell you if you smell (like your mum). If not, then try to ignore it.

Good call.
Reply 29
Anonymous
Right, i'm a guy, 17.
I usually use Lynx antiperspirant for under my arms and use deodrant the rest.
I have bed sheets changed regularly.
I just sometimes don't have time in the evening to do my teeth or am just so tired that i would just collapse into the sink.
I do have a wash in the morning, but this is rushed because i get up so late. My parents wouldn't like it if i had a shower in the moring becuase i would take to long.
For breakfast i usually am lazy and have a chocolate bar:biggrin: , i know its bad but i'm usually in such a bad mood i need something quick and that will give me a sugar hit.
I don't eat in school, and don't take mints or chewing gum. I think that after touching something in school it may have germs on it and so i don't want to get these in my mouth and be sick because then i will smell.
I drink a lot of water and that's about it.

DUMP the Lynx, you aren't 12, its one of the worst brands you can get. It makes me smell worse than if I didnt use it.

Chocolate will make your breath worse so have something else. You are getting sugar as soon as you wake up and then not eating for 6 - 7 hours and your blood sugar is dropping. Low blood sugar can make you smell odd. Eat a proper breakfast (Muesli or sommat) and start eating in school.

Ha, Lynx and the odd sweat smell do not mix well either, it makes it smell worse.
Reply 30
He ****s, pisses or ***** on his bed? Or all three.

I don't get that, at all.
Reply 31
Anonymous
My friend who smelled so bad, he showered at least 3 times a day but couldnt get rid of the smell. He cleaned his clothes regulary. He washed his bed sheets once a week..and still couldnt get rid of the smell. He..ahem, does his business onto his bed so I suggested that he stop doing that and wash the actual duvet inside the cover. He didnt smell much anymore after that.

What are you; five? It's anonymity, you ****ing cretin: no-one is going to give six shades of 'business' whether you refer to it as a 'cock', 'pee-pee' or 'Kinder Surprise'; and even if they did, I daresay Mary Whitehouse would have a damned sight more difficulty haranguing you without the aid of even so much as a name. Now, for the love of God, grow up and say what you mean.
Reply 32
It takes about 2 minutes to brush your teeth :s-smilie: u could have done it now :smile:
Reply 33
What sopa do you use when you have your shower? It sounds like you're lacking time management too if you don't have time to wash your teeth at night.

Basically, you should be latering up all over, focusing on the sweaty parts, pits, groin etc (I love that word) and then rinse. Dry off and apply a roll on deodorant/antiperspirant (NOTlynx. Dear god that **** smells disgusting) and then at night make sure you brush your teeth.
Reply 34
Have a shower in the morning. You may be sweating (or something) during the night and the shower at bedtime could be a pointless exercise. Brush your teeth twice a day and have some tic-tacs or mouth spray handy. Carry on using deodorant and body spray and make sure you wash your clothes and sheets on a regular basis.
Reply 35
Segat1
What sopa do you use when you have your shower? It sounds like you're lacking time management too if you don't have time to wash your teeth at night.

Basically, you should be latering up all over, focusing on the sweaty parts, pits, groin etc (I love that word) and then rinse. Dry off and apply a roll on deodorant/antiperspirant (NOTlynx. Dear god that **** smells disgusting) and then at night make sure you brush your teeth.

Yep.
Reply 36
*Shave your armpits. The hair traps the sweat and smell in. Yuck. A guy I work with shaves his because he has a perspiration problem and it used to make him smell after a couple of hours of being in work. So he started shaving his pits and now he no longer smells.
*Use Mitchum. It's designed for people who have perspiration issues.
*Wear different (clean) clothes every day. Never wear the same thing twice.
*Brush your teeth twice a day. No excuses.
*Stop eating chocolate for breakfast. That will always make your breath rank.
*Carry a pack of gum or mints with you wherever you go.
*Get some peppermint oil capsules from the chemist/supermarket. Swallow a couple every morning and then and it will work on the smelly breath problem from within your gut.
*Get up earlier in the morning to have a shower instead of just a wash. A shower need only last five minutes.
You don't eat at school? 1: Why not? and 2: Not eating for a long time can give people really bad breath. At least have some water or fruit?
Reply 38
Segat1

Seconded. Also, use a mildly-scented Mitchum (or similar, e.g. Dryclor) roll-on and supplement that with aftershave/cologne for when you want to entice the opposite-sex with your aromatic waft. Anti-perspirant deodorant sprays really are a lose-lose proposition in that applying enough to suppress sweat will liken you a modern-day Moses, and applying an amount that isn't liable to trigger asthma-attacks in commuters on passing trains will leave you with all the sex-appeal of a discarded towel at a communal sauna (once the B.O. inevitably sets in).
Not eating at all can cause really bad breath!! make sure you eat at regular intervals :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending