Turn on thread page Beta

what would you do...? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i'm thinking about a hypothetical situation here... say for example if i didnt get the grades i needed to get onto a BA degree or i didnt think i would get the grades i needed what would be the best route to take...
    stay on another year at college
    pro - doesnt cost anything
    con - i hate the town i live in

do a foundation degree such as the one offered at London college of fashion
    pro - i get to move away to a place i love, i dont have to worry too much about accomodation as if i was really struggling for money my uncle would let me stay with him
    con - its going to cost over £3000 and then obviously i'd go onto a BA degree which is another £3000

what would you do...? or what do you think is the best option?

ReputationRep:
    Go through clearing to the course you want.

ReputationRep:
    do the foundation degree, as for most fashion/art courses you will need one anyway, plus it will give you more experience.

sure you will be in a lot of debt but you don't have to pay it back till you are earning the big bucks!

so my advice would be move to the big city have a great time and maybe pick up a part time job to help you out money wise.

ReputationRep:
    i could do clearing yes but doesnt that limit your choices. i really want to go to a university in london and you can only send your clearing passport to one uni so if i send it to one in london and i still don't get a place i'm stuffed

ReputationRep:
    so my advice would be move to the big city have a great time and maybe pick up a part time job to help you out money wise.
    that is some good advice lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an_end_has_a_start)
    i could do clearing yes but doesnt that limit your choices. i really want to go to a university in london and you can only send your clearing passport to one uni so if i send it to one in london and i still don't get a place i'm stuffed
    They confirm that you have a place before you send the passport to them so its not a problem. They only ask you to send it to them if they have accepted you.

ReputationRep:
    They confirm that you have a place before you send the passport to them so its not a problem. They only ask you to send it to them if they have accepted you.
    ahh i see, thankyou :-)

ReputationRep:
    second option but ideally I wouldn't think too much about it right now and focus on getting the grades
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Yeah, put everything you possibly can into getting the grades so you don't have to be in that position in the first place. But if things happen and for whatever reason you don't get what you need, i'd take the foundation year. As someone said, it won't be as intense as the actual course, leaving you breathing space for a job (if you wanted one).

Another thing would be if you re-did the year and still didn't get the grades. Hard to believe, but i've known people (and quite capable guys) re-take the year and still fall short.

As a side note, I always thought foundations were cheaper :eek: Clearly not.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing a foundation year as ive only got as levels in biology and chem and my fees were a lot cheaper. They were 1125 for the year.

ReputationRep:
    get pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    get pregnant.

and how exactly is that going to help

ReputationRep:
    and how exactly is that going to help
    you would have a cute little baby.
    Whats not to like.

Also, the process of getting pregnant involves sex.
    Sex is good.

I dont see a problem.

ReputationRep:
    having a baby wasnt an option.

if having a baby lead to a degree in business then i'd be all for it but unfortunately, babies are both time and money consuming.

i see more than one problem

ReputationRep:
    having a baby wasnt an option.

if having a baby lead to a degree in business then i'd be all for it but unfortunately, babies are both time and money consuming.

i see more than one problem
    im wasting you're time.

stop taking me so goddamn seriously.

Smile.

ReputationRep:
    im wasting you're time.

stop taking me so goddamn seriously.

Smile.

i know your wasting my time but today is your lucky day because i'm bored enough to let you do so!

there you go, i smiled and again

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.