The Student Room Group

Need someone to help me maintain my garden

So I use to browse these forums years ago when I was at Uni.

Now I'm working full time as a Software Engineer, have a house with a garden, a baby on the way, and quickly running out of time to do things with...

One of those things is my front and back garden in East London. I'm now looking for someone to do some of the gardening rather than me.

Where do students look for part time jobs like the one I have? I understand if posting job adverts is against the rules, but before the thread gets deleted, I'd like to know where I should post ads like this.

It looks like Gumtree is ads for people with 15 years experience, and I feel posting a job like this there is hopeless and I expect a lot of students steer clear of sites like that.

Again, I was a student like 8 years ago and the struggle is real... so I'm thinking posting this on a student board allows students to get first dibs on a temp job like this, but if there's somewhere better to post this, please point me in the right direction :smile:
Original post by hxecute
So I use to browse these forums years ago when I was at Uni.

Now I'm working full time as a Software Engineer, have a house with a garden, a baby on the way, and quickly running out of time to do things with...

One of those things is my front and back garden in East London. I'm now looking for someone to do some of the gardening rather than me.

Where do students look for part time jobs like the one I have? I understand if posting job adverts is against the rules, but before the thread gets deleted, I'd like to know where I should post ads like this.

It looks like Gumtree is ads for people with 15 years experience, and I feel posting a job like this there is hopeless and I expect a lot of students steer clear of sites like that.

Again, I was a student like 8 years ago and the struggle is real... so I'm thinking posting this on a student board allows students to get first dibs on a temp job like this, but if there's somewhere better to post this, please point me in the right direction :smile:

https://www.studentjob.co.uk/

I posted there, but looking at the numbers of jobs there, it doesn't seem like there's much... do a lot of students use studentjob? The suggestion feels more like a shameless plug but that might just be me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending