The Student Room Group

How has your day been?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mesopotamian.
Same! I've been able to hear the thunder for the last 15 minutes and now it's finally raining. I'll just be drinking my tea and eating my digestives 👍

what a cracking night! :awesome:
My day has been up and down. Good because it was the last day at a job I hate (I only started working there on Monday, oops) and bad because I’ve been thinking about my ex-boyfriend and missing what we had.
Dead.
Just read all the bright places and honestly having this feeling of my throat closing up and my chest feeling heavy and having tears in my eyes like why did finch have to die whyyyy??
Original post by Bang Outta Order
eww maccas smh...I literally feel like I ate out a rubbish bin, I just...:noway: Burger King is miles better.

and its not from my payday its from a football bid haha, my payday thankfully is more than 600 quid

Who did you bid on? 👀
Lool yeah I had a period of not going anywhere near McDonalds which is why I haven't been in ages. I'm also craving some grilled meat (sorry vegetarians) 🌚
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
what a cracking night! :awesome:

It was a brighter day than I thought it would be 😃

(As you can see, if puns was a subject I'd be failing 😂)
Original post by independentx
*gives you huge piece of cake*
Yeah, gotta love summer :wink: It's still so hot here RN, I've still got the fan on and it's 11:12pm haha!

It's quite hot here too and it's only 8:30. The heat can be welcoming sometimes but I'm not a fan of it when it follows a storm (and there's more to come apparently)
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
My day has been up and down. Good because it was the last day at a job I hate (I only started working there on Monday, oops) and bad because I’ve been thinking about my ex-boyfriend and missing what we had.

The job must've been really bad to leave it only a few days later :redface:

Sorry to hear that about your boyfriend. I'm rubbish at relationship advice, but just think of this as a stepping stone in your life - it adds to your pearls of wisdom in the future.
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Dead.

Revision?
Original post by Innit to winnit
Just read all the bright places and honestly having this feeling of my throat closing up and my chest feeling heavy and having tears in my eyes like why did finch have to die whyyyy??

Ooh, sounds like a good book. Do you recommend it?
Just realised I could have just quoted everyone and replied in one post 🙄😶
I'm on half term but my parents aren't allowing me to get ANY breaks :cry:
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
I'm on half term but my parents aren't allowing me to get ANY breaks :cry:

Oh no, what do you mean? As in they won't let you go out for a day or they won't let you have small breaks from revision (because that would be a disaster!)
Revision?

Revision went well.
Oh no, what do you mean? As in they won't let you go out for a day or they won't let you have small breaks from revision (because that would be a disaster!)

1.5 hours revision, 15 minutes break. That's it. I can't go out at all even though I have 9 days break. :cry:
Ooh, sounds like a good book. Do you recommend it?

Yes I definitely recommend although I warn you might cry yourself to sleep. Actually what are you doing order right now what are you waiting for!!
The job must've been really bad to leave it only a few days later :redface:

Sorry to hear that about your boyfriend. I'm rubbish at relationship advice, but just think of this as a stepping stone in your life - it adds to your pearls of wisdom in the future.

Yeah, I made a real mistake in accepting the job offer, but I was desperate. Turns out no amount of money could persuade me to work there.

And it’s okay! I’ve learnt a lot from our relationship, and I know what to do and what not to do in relationships in the future. Also we didn’t work out romantically.
Original post by HowToBeABlobfish
1.5 hours revision, 15 minutes break. That's it. I can't go out at all even though I have 9 days break. :cry:

Wow that's so weird because my mum used to encourage me to leave the house during revision time and even used to shout at me sometimes because I used to revise so much apparently 😅
Original post by Innit to winnit
Yes I definitely recommend although I warn you might cry yourself to sleep. Actually what are you doing order right now what are you waiting for!!

Thank you, I need book recommendations. I'll look it up on Amazon and add it to my basket of books :biggrin:
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
Yeah, I made a real mistake in accepting the job offer, but I was desperate. Turns out no amount of money could persuade me to work there.

And it’s okay! I’ve learnt a lot from our relationship, and I know what to do and what not to do in relationships in the future. Also we didn’t work out romantically.

Reminds me of my part time job. I've been working here a while now but we've recently been recruiting because we're seriously short on staff. Alas we have one of our new starters leaving next week probably because it's just a shambles.

Quick Reply

Latest