Ele082h
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys,
Was just wondering if anyone knows how the application process would work to get into a American university from England or even just to apply?
Would I have to take a gap year for thier application date? And would I have to sit the American SATS or could my A-level grades be turned into the SAT equivalent?
Any help would be lovely
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ele082h)
Hi guys,
Was just wondering if anyone knows how the application process would work to get into a American university from England or even just to apply?
Would I have to take a gap year for thier application date? And would I have to sit the American SATS or could my A-level grades be turned into the SAT equivalent?
Any help would be lovely
Hi, have you checked the stickied threads at the top of this forum? You will need to sit SATs or ACTs in addition to your A-levels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aisha.A.A
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in year 13, and I have offer from both US and UK universities. Some universities are fine with just your a level grades but if you are looking to apply for honours, scholarships SAT/ACT will be required. For Ivy League universities, UCLA Berkeley, USC, NYU you definitely need to do the SATs.
Aisha.A.A
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For the application process they have websites which is the UCAS equivalent called common app/coalition app and for some universities you can apply directly through their portal. It is quite expensive paying for the application it ranges from £40-160 so you have to know where you applying. In order to meet the deadlines for scholarship/honours program the deadline is nov 1 for most colleges but a normal application deadline is January 1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (148)
19.12%
Labour (329)
42.51%
Liberal Democrats (156)
20.16%
Green Party (42)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.71%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (3)
0.39%
SNP (9)
1.16%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.78%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)