The Student Room Group

should I get a prostate exam?

This isn't a troll so please only reply with serious answers.

So recently I've been noticing blood in my stool and have been experiencing pain in my stomach.

I'm getting a little worried as these are two common symptoms of you know what so should I get a prostate exam? I don't want to be too careful.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

So recently I've been noticing blood in my stool and have been experiencing pain in my stomach.

I'm getting a little worried as these are two common symptoms of you know what so should I get a prostate exam? I don't want to be too careful.

Go see your GP and let them decide what's required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't see how your prostate is even vaguely connected to those symptoms, but you need to see your GP, yes.
something ain't right down below.... your GP will find out what :smile:
Is it fresh blood or old, dried blood? If it's fresh, chances are you're constipated (hence the stomach pains, too) and have just strained a little while trying to poo. If it's older blood I think that's more indicative of a problem.

Just my take on it - you should of course see your doctor whenever you have health issues like this, particularly when they could be so serious.
Someone needs an anatomy lesson.

See a GP.
Original post by Anonymous

please go and see the gp immediately,And also request to get your bowel/colon screened
i think u need a ct scan
Original post by anonymous69gcse
i think u need a ct scan

Says the GCSE student medical expert :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest