The Student Room Group

Harvey Weinstein out on bail

wondering what you guys think about the news that came out a few days ago, that Weinstein has been released on 1m bail?
quite honestly, I'm disappointed but not surprised, the rich always seem to have the upper-hand when it comes to jail sentences.
Original post by izzi_xox
wondering what you guys think about the news that came out a few days ago, that Weinstein has been released on 1m bail?
quite honestly, I'm disappointed but not surprised, the rich always seem to have the upper-hand when it comes to jail sentences.

nobody lies him anymore not after what he did to several vulnerable women - some escaped some didnt they came out one by one. his careers over, he spoilt his movie making life himself good riddance
Reply 3

Being out on bail isn't the same thing as avoiding jail or getting a lighter sentence. They're unrelated.

Not to be rude but do you understand what being released on bail means?

Do you understand what bail is?
Original post by icequeenTM
Not to be rude but do you understand what being released on bail means?

Lmao I don't know why this made me laugh so much. :rofl:
Reply 7

How so? given that he hasnt even been to court yet and thus is ipso facto innocent.
I fail to see what this has got to do with him being rich either - anyone else accused of the same crimes would likely be bailed if they werent considered a flight risk or a danger to the public. which evidently he is not.
I cant be the only one who hoped he was in prison to get gang banged lmao
Original post by f_spanish
I cant be the only one who hoped he was in prison to get gang banged lmao

looooooooooooooool

He hasn’t been convicted of anything, he hasn’t got off lightly on a prison sentence
Original post by Underscore__
He hasn’t been convicted of anything, he hasn’t got off lightly on a prison sentence

The BBC have a timeline on his case here... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41594672 but haven't updated it since September, due to government cuts. Since then, we've had this... https://www.vulture.com/2018/10/harvey-weinstein-trial-one-sexual-assault-count-dismissed.html and according to such trustworthy source as the NYT we have the latest appraisal of the scandal put thus..

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/29/nyregion/harvey-weinstein-case-prosecution-trial.html

But now the case against Mr. Weinstein appears to be fraying. A detective failed to turn over important evidence to prosecutors. A judge dismissed part of the indictment. Evidence has emerged undermining the allegation of one of the accusers.
In addition, Mr. Vance’s assistants thought that once they filed charges, a flood of new complaints might lead to more victims being added to the case. It has not worked out that way.

I was just wondering what had happened, there was a time when it was all over the media 24/7 and now it's all gone quiet. A bit like the Russian collusion 'news', really. Latest on that, anyone?
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending