The Student Room Group

Master's loan

Hi, I'm an Italian student who will be studying at Middlesex University starting from September 2018. I read on www.gov.uk that I can apply to get a master's loan withing 9 months of the first day of my academic year, which for me will be Sptember 1st. Does this mean I can only apply online after this date or can I already set up an account and start applying now?
I know that in order to apply I need a passport, my national insurance number and bank details. Is it okay if my bank account is an Italian one or do I need to open a new UK bank account?
Thank you in advance,
Federica
Original post by federicavassallo
Hi, I'm an Italian student who will be studying at Middlesex University starting from September 2018. I read on www.gov.uk that I can apply to get a master's loan withing 9 months of the first day of my academic year, which for me will be Sptember 1st. Does this mean I can only apply online after this date or can I already set up an account and start applying now?
I know that in order to apply I need a passport, my national insurance number and bank details. Is it okay if my bank account is an Italian one or do I need to open a new UK bank account?
Thank you in advance,
Federica

Ciao Federica,

PG loans are now open for applications so you should be able to apply now. Unfortunately, you will need a UK bank account though. This video explains the application process very clearly, and it might help!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!
Ludovica
Original post by Middlesex University
Ciao Federica,

PG loans are now open for applications so you should be able to apply now. Unfortunately, you will need a UK bank account though. This video explains the application process very clearly, and it might help!

Have a great day!
Ludovica

Hi Ludovica,

I sent an email to the university and they told me that applying for the loan in September will be just fine. The thing is, I got my conditional letter but I still havent't received the unconditional one because I'm graduating on July 18th and I have been told I will be sent the unconditional letter after getting my undergraduate degree. So my question is: can I apply now even though I only got a conditional letter, or should I wait until I receive the unconditional letter?

Thank you in advance,

Federica
Original post by federicavassallo
Hi Ludovica,

I sent an email to the university and they told me that applying for the loan in September will be just fine. The thing is, I got my conditional letter but I still havent't received the unconditional one because I'm graduating on July 18th and I have been told I will be sent the unconditional letter after getting my undergraduate degree. So my question is: can I apply now even though I only got a conditional letter, or should I wait until I receive the unconditional letter?

Thank you in advance,

Federica

Ciao Federica,
You can apply anytime for the loan, even if you have a conditional offer.
You can find your eligibility here: https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility

Hope it helps,

Have a great day and good luck with your graduation!
Ludovica

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending