Turn on thread page Beta

Boyfriend insults me in front of his friends? watch

i got into an argument with my boyfriend and I called him an alcoholic, this really upset him. Calling me fat and ugly. Asking his mates who was better looking me or his ex (they said his ex). He even said I'm lose (he is the only man I've slept with). Really embarrassing stuff why would he do that? Everyone was laughing at me I feel disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    Such disgusting behaviour. Dump him ASAP
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i got into an argument with my boyfriend and I called him an alcoholic, this really upset him. Calling me fat and ugly. Asking his mates who was better looking me or his ex (they said his ex). He even said I'm lose (he is the only man I've slept with). Really embarrassing stuff why would he do that? Everyone was laughing at me I feel disgusting.
    Sounds a toxic relationship think you should end it

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a horrible guy.
    Bit immature what you both were doing.
    How long have you been together? Does he normally care for you, is this the first time he's been like this?
    What was the arguement over-was it that bad that you guys felt the need to insult one another?

ReputationRep:
    It was a lover's tiff. Apart from this incident how have things been between you and him?

ReputationRep:
    He sounds insecure
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You both acted pretty immature. Either sit down and talk to him about it like adults and if you dont get along then there really is not much point of a relationship. Prolly better to talk to him about it directly than asking the student room

Calling him an alcoholic to begin with isn't cool however, I understand that it was proberly said in the heat of the moment. Even though you called him an alcoholic it doesn't give him the right to say all that about you. Especially getting his friends involved in an argument between you and him. If you're boyfriend is like this on a regular basis I would say dump his ass! I also believe that he may have been offended and embarrassed since you said that in front of his friends which could be the reason why he attacked you with those words to gain control of the situation and look and feel like the big man in the relationship to his friends. Again this does not excuse his actions and if this is the case then he is being really childish and pathetic. I hope you are alright and that you two have sorted things out.

You insulted him so he fired back. You aren't the innocent one.

ReputationRep:
    You’re both in the wrong.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheAlchemistress)
    You’re both in the wrong.
    His mates saying his ex was better looking as well lol, what a bunch of d***s... Just the whole bunch of them - OP, her bf and his mates - sound like a bunch of idiots tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
    His mates saying his ex was better looking as well lol, what a bunch of d***s... Just the whole bunch of them - OP, her bf and his mates - sound like a bunch of idiots tbh.
    😂 I have to agree with you. His friends are also crap heads saying that, I would have most probably smacked them.

ReputationRep:
    ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!
    i think

Dump him, you were wrong to call him an alcoholic and he was wrong to call you fat and ugly but it stopped being even when he dragged his friends into it. def doesnt sound like a relationship worth continuing.

ReputationRep:
    Dump him you deserve better

ReputationRep:
    get rid off him

ReputationRep:
    He is a **** you need to get rid of...

ReputationRep:
    Classic Example of a Girl instigating and a Boy Biting back, with the Girl unable to take the bite back. You are weak if you get hurt by such meaningless opinions- God help the next BF you get...

Honey, drop that piece of trash. I get that couples fight but bringing his friends into it is just wrong and disgusting. If he were a decent person, he wouldve talked to u abt it, if he was hurt or offended by what u said he shouldve told u, not gone to his friends and started to insult u. Any person who does that is not worth it. My advice, dump him, it may feel terrible at first but ull realize that u just dropped dead weight and there are plenty of other guys out there who will treat u well and give u the respect u deserve and not talk **** abt u.

ReputationRep:
    Honey, drop that piece of trash. I get that couples fight but bringing his friends into it is just wrong and disgusting. If he were a decent person, he wouldve talked to u abt it, if he was hurt or offended by what u said he shouldve told u, not gone to his friends and started to insult u. Any person who does that is not worth it. My advice, dump him, it may feel terrible at first but ull realize that u just dropped dead weight and there are plenty of other guys out there who will treat u well and give u the respect u deserve and not talk **** abt u.
    Respect is EARNED, your not automatically deserving or entitled to it just because you are a Girl or someone's Girlfriend...She instigated it and he bit back, both are too blame

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 28, 2018

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.