The Student Room Group

Trans and Back to school

About a few weeks ago, I came out to my parents and close friends that I’m transgender female. Both are very supportive. Me and parents went to the school and told them that when I go back for the teachers to use my preferred name Emily. I’m planning on wearing the girls uniform which consists of a skirt, tights, jumper, blouse and tie.

Do you think it’s too early or not to wear girl uniform? As this is who I am or should I let it sink in.
Original post by emily__xx
About a few weeks ago, I came out to my parents and close friends that I’m transgender female. Both are very supportive. Me and parents went to the school and told them that when I go back for the teachers to use my preferred name Emily. I’m planning on wearing the girls uniform which consists of a skirt, tights, jumper, blouse and tie.

Do you think it’s too early or not to wear girl uniform? As this is who I am or should I let it sink in.

Probably best to let it sink in.
I feel like it might confuse people if you went back to school and wanted to be called Emily, but still wore the male uniform - I'd go for the girl's uniform. At the end of the day, though, wear whatever you're most comfortable in.

Quick Reply

Latest