The Student Room Group

How bad did I mess up Romeo and Juliet?

So I had my English literature GCSE on Romeo and Juliet, and I couldn’t remember if lady capulet or lady montague died at the end of the play. One was already dead, one said she was going to die soon.

I said it was lady capulet who had already died, and lady montague who thought the sight of her dead child would kill her. However, I just found out it was the other way round.

Realistically, how likely is this to affect my grade?
Reply 1
Original post by Ashuuki
So I had my English literature GCSE on Romeo and Juliet, and I couldn’t remember if lady capulet or lady montague died at the end of the play. One was already dead, one said she was going to die soon.

I said it was lady capulet who had already died, and lady montague who thought the sight of her dead child would kill her. However, I just found out it was the other way round.

Realistically, how likely is this to affect my grade?

Depends on the relevance it had to your essay question
Reply 2
Original post by stoneroses2828
Depends on the relevance it had to your essay question

Well, the essay was about parent child relationships. The whole second half of my essay was about parents caring for their children, and the third quarter I talked about how the ladies were driven to death by their children’s deaths
Reply 3
Original post by Ashuuki
Well, the essay was about parent child relationships. The whole second half of my essay was about parents caring for their children, and the third quarter I talked about how the ladies were driven to death by their children’s deaths

Perhaps you might lose a couple of marks but nothing too drastic if the rest was correct. Was this on AQA out of curiosity?
Reply 4
Original post by stoneroses2828
Perhaps you might lose a couple of marks but nothing too drastic if the rest was correct. Was this on AQA out of curiosity?

Yeah, AQA. I’m just worried because I’m aiming for a 9, those couple of marks could mean a lot.
Reply 5
Original post by Ashuuki
Yeah, AQA. I’m just worried because I’m aiming for a 9, those couple of marks could mean a lot.

You should be good if you performed better on paper 2. Wasn’t the AQA question on Adult and younger relationships, like I talked more about the nurse and Juliet and the friar and Romeo than I did the parents

Quick Reply

Latest