The Student Room Group

OCR A-Level Physics H556/7 Paper 1,2,3 04/08/14th June [Exam Discussion}

Scroll to see replies

idk why I keep remembering the average force I got to be 13, perhaps rounding or accuracy problem? Everyone else sounds like they're getting 14N

(Maybe I got 13 point something?)
Original post by uponthyhorse
idk why I keep remembering the average force I got to be 13, perhaps rounding or accuracy problem? Everyone else sounds like they're getting 14N

(Maybe I got 13 point something?)

13.98N
(edited 5 years ago)
Wind turbines, everyone get 100?
Also what wavelength did everyone get for question 24b, where you used the gradient? (I got 8.33x10^-7)?
Original post by joadre1298
Wind turbines, everyone get 100?

Yes.
Got 100 for wind turbines.

ducked up the ratio of mass of earth to mass of mars (it's 9.3 or 10)

speed at which clothes fall when washing machine is slowing down is 1. something

prove that sin therapy = gradient just draw triangles and get the opposite and hypotenuse.

Wavelength is 5 or 8.something 10^-7

Length of turbine blade is about 30-33m (I got 6m Lmao)

Recorded wavelength = 292nm (I think)

Exam Was slightly harder than 2017 but not impossible.

79/100 for an A*
71/100 For an A
64/100 for a B

calm? calm.
(edited 5 years ago)
'Bout this close to jumping into a bathtub with a toaster...
For the last six marker, although I forgot how to do it, but I recall it from my revision, and I just found out the explanation for helium to escape the atmosphere is from module 6, that question should be in unified paper not this one....
Original post by Eliqueho
For the last six marker, although I forgot how to do it, but I recall it from my revision, and I just found out the explanation for helium to escape the atmosphere is from module 6, that question should be in unified paper not this one....

It's Boltzmann distribution of particulate energies, there will always be a proportion of He molecules with enough Ke to escape and over time the levels of He will decrease as more and more escape. Just draw a Boltzmann graph and compare average energy to energy required to leave.
Well, time to do chem now for tomorrow.
For the question on momentum - you had an elastic collision, and hence Ek is conserved. Does that mean that you didn't have to resolve the final speeds horizontally to equate 0 velocity in y-axis? (therefore ignoring the angle)
Original post by Bulletzone
Got 100 for wind turbines.

ducked up the ratio of mass of earth to mass of mars (it's 9.3 or 10)

speed at which clothes fall when washing machine is slowing down is 1. something

prove that sin therapy = gradient just draw triangles and get the opposite and hypotenuse.

Wavelength is 5 or 8.something 10^-7

Length of turbine blade is about 30-33m (I got 6m Lmao)

Recorded wavelength = 292nm (I think)

Exam Was slightly harder than 2017 but not impossible.

79/100 for an A*
71/100 For an A
64/100 for a B

calm? calm.

I got like 2.6 ish for the clothes one.... anyone else pls lol
Original post by Youreawizard
For the question on momentum - you had an elastic collision, and hence Ek is conserved. Does that mean that you didn't have to resolve the final speeds horizontally to equate 0 velocity in y-axis? (therefore ignoring the angle)

Thats what i did
Original post by Youreawizard

Or just say momentum before = momentum after.
Original post by joadre1298
I got like 2.6 ish for the clothes one.... anyone else pls lol

Nah I got 1 something as well and that seems to be the general consensus.
Original post by ChrollosLucifer
Nah I got 1 something as well and that seems to be the general consensus.

I also got 1. Something
Original post by Ihatescales
I also got 1. Something

I think I got 1.57 m/s by equating centripetal force and weight.
Last year's grade boundaries:

A* - 81 A - 71 B - 62 C - 52 D - 43 E - 33 U - 0

What are you guys predicting for this year? Couple of marks less for each grade? I'm hoping a B will be around 60 or less. Is that realistic?
Original post by United2810
Last year's grade boundaries:

A* - 81 A - 71 B - 62 C - 52 D - 43 E - 33 U - 0

What are you guys predicting for this year? Couple of marks less for each grade? I'm hoping a B will be around 60 or less. Is that realistic?

Let's hope it is, don't think I got more than 70 in that paper.
Original post by ChrollosLucifer
Let's hope it is, don't think I got more than 70 in that paper.

I think I've gotten around 50-60 solid marks, and there's a few where I'll pick up half the marks. Probs lost a couple on second 6 marker and missed out the velocity question for the drum. Was definitely harder than last years paper imo, got 71 in my mock for that, so hopefully boundaries decrease this year. Cba for Unified if the Modelling paper is like that.
Original post by United2810
I think I've gotten around 50-60 solid marks, and there's a few where I'll pick up half the marks. Probs lost a couple on second 6 marker and missed out the velocity question for the drum. Was definitely harder than last years paper imo, got 71 in my mock for that, so hopefully boundaries decrease this year. Cba for Unified if the Modelling paper is like that.

Last years unified was a ***** lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending