The Student Room Group

waist to hip ratio

I'm a 15 year old girl and I put my measurements into a waist to hip ratio calculator and the result was 0.82, saying I am an apple body shape and at moderate health risk, but I am actually a rectangle shape so I am a bit confused because it doesn't take into account bust measurements??
Anyway, my waist and bust is 33 in and my waist is 27, do you think I should worry about this ratio or is it meaningless
Ignore it, you could easily be skinny but have a larger waist due to your body shape!
From the waist to the hips you know,
Gal I'm loving the ratio,
Lemme grip on n take control

sorry the title made this song jump to mind, haven't read the post nd not a perve
Reply 3
Erm not sure why you are telling us your bust measurement ? You didn't use that for the calculator did you? If so that would be the reason for the odd result.
Firstly I'd say that you're only 15 and your body is still developing (sorry I know how condescending that sounds but it's true!) and that in order to have a WHR of 0.82 with a 27in waist you'd need 33in hips. That's the same as your bust which means you're proportional. However I think some calculators only classify people as apple or pear, ignoring hourglass or ruler shapes and working in the principle that if there is more than 10 inches between the measurements then the person is a 'pear' and less is an 'apple'. A 27 inch isn't bad and with 33in hips I'd say you're probably very slim. There's not much you can do to change how your body is ratio'd as it's just that- a ratio. Everything will get bigger or smaller if you lose or gain weight

Quick Reply

Latest