Like a guy but not sure if I find him attractive

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've gotten back in touch with an old uni coursemate, who I was in some classes with for a year.

I hadn't seen/spoken to him for 2 years. At the time, I was seeing one of his friends for a couple of months, and we must have had about 2-3 conversations in the whole year. I always thought he seemed a nice enough guy, but just never really knew him well.

Anyway, for the last couple of weeks we've been messaging every day; although we haven't seen each other yet as I now live abroad and won't be back for a month.

However, I think I'm starting to like him. He's been flirting with me and telling me i'm pretty and stuff. I really like talking to him; he's very easy to talk to and we get on well.

However, I don't know if I'm 100% attracted to him. I mean this isn't the first time it's happened to me. Several of the guys I've liked, even my ex, I didn't really find them physically attractive at first, but as I grew to have feelings for them I grew to like their appearance more and more.

I'm also worried that he's just looking for a bit of fun; I've had enough of dealing with that over the years.

Should I give it a go with him? I think he is interested and I don't want to let him down/hurt him if he does like me but I just feel like I can't.

However, I just get butterflies now when I think about him, and really wnat to see him.

Should I try? Thanks
Superdrilles
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
it kinda worries me that he's your ex's friend which doesnt sound right.

you clearly like him if you get butterflies when you thinks about him so why not give it a go.
pjrodarte339
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
what would you rate him out of 10?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thanks for the replies! Yeah.. with the ex thing, I mean I dated this guy for 2 months like nearly 3 years ago but it never became a serious relationship. Apparently he still speaks to this guy from time to time but that's all.. however I could imagine the ex being someone who would reveal intimate things.

I'd rate him 6? not sure really.. but yeah you are right, I obviously like him as I do get that feeling. I just confessed to one of my friends who knows him, who said he's cute and that we'd make a good couple! I think I will give it a go
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
I'd give it a shot if you think he genuinely likes you and there is potential there. I am similar to you in that looks and physical attraction do not matter as much when you develop feelings and a strong emotional bond/connection. I am curious about how you both got in touch again after two years though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed