Which shops would you NEVER buy clothes from? Watch

Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jimi Haze)
Probably being a snob, I'm not proud of it.....but at least I admit it !
Well I am a posh boy too!
iamsmart
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Quiz - their clothes are like something you'd see on a street corner
River Island - Over priced and their stores are terribly merchandised
Zoeeee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Primark, unless it was for dressing up :P:
Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Zoeeee)
Primark, unless it was for dressing up :P:
lol that made me smile.. i <3 primark.. then again many people have said my clothes are a bit out there lol.
Im surprised loadsa people are not likin republic, i only found the shop late last year where i bought a really nice bench hoody from and since then ive been hooked.. im getting my chav on.. ooo yeah:cool:
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quiz- it's just... blech
Internacionale- because a) It's cheap and horrible and b) about sixty percent of their stuff appears to be some form of schoolwear that no-one would get away with wearing to school i.e stupid pinafores.
Oh, and Jane Norman, but just their clothes cos I saw a really lovely bag in there once.
CheesyBeans
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't believe some of the snobbery in this thread. Ok, so people like some shops better than most but to say you would NEVER buy anything from pretty much all 'High Street' shops? I'd love to know how you can all afford to buy clothes on a regular basis, never mind from more expensive shops.

I don't really shop much as I can't really afford to. When I do go shopping though I will generally look in all the shops that I can afford to buy from. I don't give a damn if some really 'fashionable' girl shuns the shop because a poor, "chavvy" girl she knows once looked in the window of it.
honey_monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't generally say 'never' to most places really, but one place I really don't like going in is TKMaxx, I know they probably have *some* great bargains but the store in Leicester is so much like a jumble sale I can't stand going in there!
And this is coming from a girl who really doesn't care that her room is cluttered and all over the place, so god knows what clean freaks make of the place
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Quiz/Jane Norman/New Look (but that doesn't include shoesies)/river island/warehouse/oasis/primark/miss selfridge.
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by smoosabitmega)
Quiz/Jane Norman/New Look (but that doesn't include shoesies)/river island/warehouse/oasis/primark/miss selfridge.
Where DO you shop then?
mizfissy815
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
River Island, M&S and Topshop.
smoosabitmega
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by CheesyBeans)
Where DO you shop then?
vintage/independent shops/urbanoutfitters/zara/h&m
:cool:
brightxburns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I never buy clothes from Matalan, New Look, Peacocks, Dorothy Perkins, Select, Bay Trading, Primark, TK Maxx, any supermarket, etc. simply because I can't be bothered to sift through piles of cheap crap to find one decent garment.

That said, most of my clothes come from Topshop, Zara, Urban Outfitters, H&M and quirky little boutiques.

But that is only because I cannot afford to buy Chloé and Marc Jacobs on a regular basis. Unfortunately.
Gregpicard
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I never buy clothes from Matalan, New Look, Peacocks, Dorothy Perkins, Select, Bay Trading, Primark, TK Maxx, any supermarket, etc. simply because I can't be bothered to sift through piles of cheap crap to find one decent garment.
For all the male-selling ones in this list, i agree.

Personally i buy from M&S, Zara, H&M, Hugo Boss, Armani, and the other similar boutiques. I just like to spend money on clothes. Others may feel buying expensive clothing is a waste, however it makes me feel good, nice and fresh and ready for a good night out
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
M&S
BHS
Bay
Warehouse
MK One
A lot of Peacocks clothes, although they occasionally have some okay stuff
K.T.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If I only had to pick one... Next. Not because the quality of the clothes is particularily poor (a la internationale), but because its just so. bland.
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think Next have improved, but I don't buy anything from there as they are extremely over-priced. When I last went in, I was shocked at how much they charged for skirts, etc...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
I think Next have improved, but I don't buy anything from there as they are extremely over-priced. When I last went in, I was shocked at how much they charged for skirts, etc...
I think Next have worsened tbh. Everything looks tatty and has crappy patterns. I used to like it about 2 years ago and there were some nice things last A/W, but S/S 08 is yuck.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by brightxburns)

That said, most of my clothes come from Topshop, Zara, Urban Outfitters, H&M and quirky little boutiques.

But that is only because I cannot afford to buy Chloé and Marc Jacobs on a regular basis. Unfortunately.
New Look have some really nice things in atm, really cute dresses etc. I could buy most of the shop!
guitargirl03
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
I think Next have worsened tbh. Everything looks tatty and has crappy patterns. I used to like it about 2 years ago and there were some nice things last A/W, but S/S 08 is yuck.
Really? I'm the opposite. I think it's possibly because there's a slight 'hippy' feel to the s/s stuff, which is what I love...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by guitargirl03)
Really? I'm the opposite. I think it's possibly because there's a slight 'hippy' feel to the s/s stuff, which is what I love...
aha! I can't stand hippy-y type stuff :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1171)
79.39%
Leave (304)
20.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise