Which shops would you NEVER buy clothes from? Watch

guitargirl03
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minimo)
aha! I can't stand hippy-y type stuff :p:
Lol. I only like it in small doses, i.e. 'floaty' floral dresses/tops... I still wouldn't buy anything from Next though due to previous reason, lol. I saw a skirt in there for £40 and it was nothing special...
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, I like floaty flowery 'tea'-type dresses :p:, I thought you meant more odd patterns and stuff.

But yea, they're waaaaay too overpriced. The only next stuff I own has been bought in sales or is jeans. :/
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really don't like next, its just too conservative for our age group I think. Hate all those chavvy stores like quiz, and especially jane norman- 35 quid for a jumper that looks like its come off a market stall? No thanks!
pocahontis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
USC, Jane norman, MK one, H+M, Republic, Bay, Quiz, Internationale, Peacocks, Primark, need I say more.
Just Plain Bob.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Primark, Peacocks, JD Sports, Topman and Republic are one's that I never been into.
UnaChance
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My french teacher once told me she thinks of H&M as hit and miss, because some of the stuff is really good, and some is just awful.

I don't like River Island either, in general the clothes over priced and much too chavy.

I'm a jeans and tee girl myself, I'm more about the clothes than the shop it comes from.
Imported
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My list-
Primark
River Island
Dorothy Perkins
Miss Selfridge
New Look
befskulls
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bay Trading! It really is god-awful! The stuff in there always seems really cheap and tarty.

Plus I'm rather against them because I went in with a friend recently and tried on some jeans. Only size that fit were a 16. I'm a 12. I hate shops like that.

(Apologies if I've just offended anyone!)
NoQualms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bay
Jane Norman
BHS
QS
Quiz

Alll are SHAAAAABTASTIC
Imported
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also all those no named chavvy shops in my town
shrimp
Report 10 years ago
I'd never buy anything from a genuine designer goods store. I don't know how people can justify buying a $900 pair of boots, for example. It's craziness!

I do like my reasonably priced brand name clothes though, so anything no-name that's sold in a no-name store, I don't go into.
coni
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
99.9% of the shops in Oldham, chav chic.
Boo_2
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jane Norman, Morgan, New Look (actually I sometimes buy shoes in New Look, but nothing else)
Throwback
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Having previously worked at Jane Norman for a couple of years, I can truly vouch for the awful quality of their clothes. Every single thing will shrink in the wash slightly and lose its shape, and all knitwear will bobble after about 3 wears.
Mikimoto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Topshop and TK Max.
Mattalie
Report 10 years ago
Jane Norman, I cannot stand this shop, the clothes cling to your sking, look cheap and it way over priced!
All saints, a branch just opened the other week in belfast and the clothing is rubbish.
Vicky B
Report 10 years ago
The girls stuff in Next is ugly.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vicky B)
The girls stuff in Next is ugly.
atm pretty much a ditto
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mattalie)
Jane Norman, I cannot stand this shop, the clothes cling to your sking, look cheap and it way over priced!
All saints, a branch just opened the other week in belfast and the clothing is rubbish.
Really? I love Jane Norman, it's the one place where the size 10 dresses are perfect for me. I got one in their sale today, and yes it clings, but all in the right places. I love it, it makes me look sooooooooooo slim!!

I have a corset top from there too, and yes that is quite clingy, but again, it really enhances my figure and I've had loads of compliments for it.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Throwback)
Having previously worked at Jane Norman for a couple of years, I can truly vouch for the awful quality of their clothes. Every single thing will shrink in the wash slightly and lose its shape, and all knitwear will bobble after about 3 wears.
I've not had that problem thus far, but then I just have going out clothes from them which I tell my mum to dry clean when I get home :p:

Some of the 'fluffy' knitwear does look like it will bobble tho.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (49)
29.34%
No - I got the required grades (97)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (21)
12.57%

Watched Threads