Turn on thread page Beta

Which shops would you NEVER buy clothes from? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I really don't like Miss Selfridge. Everything seems waaaaay too hippy and crappy quality for its price.

I do have a double breasted black coat from them tho, but it looks lik something I coudda bought anywhere.

ReputationRep:
    Jane Norman
    International

But to be honest if i like something I'll buy it regardless of where it's from

ReputationRep:
    Got to hope there will never be the need to shop in Evans.
    Other than that, I would shop anywhere. My friend and I bought a couple of dresses each from a shop which was quite clearly aimed at the over 60s. They were very, very nice dresses though. New Look do very good belts ridiculously cheaply. Jack Wills hoodies were an essential at my old school, mostly just because they are cosier than the average H&M hoodie and the heating at our school was ridiculous. Primark is amazing for staples and pyjamas. So really, everywhere has their good aspects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    I've not had that problem thus far, but then I just have going out clothes from them which I tell my mum to dry clean when I get home :p:

Some of the 'fluffy' knitwear does look like it will bobble tho.
    Well any going out clothes I had from there, I often handwashed cos I didn't want them losing shape! But with their general tops and knitwear, that we had to wear as uniform so got a lot of wear from, practically all of the knitwear would bobble.

One thing I will say though - their winter coats fit really, really well. And the jeans are decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwback)
    Well any going out clothes I had from there, I often handwashed cos I didn't want them losing shape! But with their general tops and knitwear, that we had to wear as uniform so got a lot of wear from, practically all of the knitwear would bobble.

One thing I will say though - their winter coats fit really, really well. And the jeans are decent.
    What's staff discount like? :p:

I'm so fussy, I handwash ALL my day tops too. The only things that go into the machine are crappy bjs/knickers/rubbish things :p:

ReputationRep:
    River Island sucks

ReputationRep:

I'm so fussy, I handwash ALL my day tops too. The only things that go into the machine are crappy bjs/knickers/rubbish things :p:
    Heh, 25% is the normal staff discount, managers/supervisors get more. But every 3 months, we'd get 75% off a few items for uniform, that was good

ReputationRep:
    Heh, 25% is the normal staff discount, managers/supervisors get more. But every 3 months, we'd get 75% off a few items for uniform, that was good
    ooo OK

ReputationRep:
    ooo OK
    I would offer you a discount but I don't actually work there anymore :p:

ReputationRep:
    I would offer you a discount but I don't actually work there anymore :p:
    Oh, I really want a summer job or something, but I'm foreign, so there's the visa issue anyway so I guess I wouldn't be able to get one in retail anyway.

ReputationRep:
    angel
    Logo
    destiny
    sugar
    As u can tell by the names, chavvy shops. yuck.
    M&s
    jane norman
    warehouse
    peacocks
    next

ReputationRep:
    newlook do good shoes, and suits in my price range that make my bum look good .....don't really rave their clothes....or miss selfridges........river island do nice jeans, in their defence.... primark doesnt have long livety.... mk one = pikey

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite surpised at the number of times Primark has come up. I have quite a few items and have never had any problems. I think it's cause I hand wash a lot of my clothing and just put things like sweaters/hoodies/jeans/bedding into the machine.

I do however avoid River Island, I own a gorgeous jacket from there which has got bobbly after only a few wears. Overpriced tat imo. The clothes in Topshop seem bad quality and overpriced, but its the only place that does smart trousers in my size where the crotch doesn't go down to my knees.

Bay is rather awful too, it's become so tacky and ew, I miss the days where they actually sold decent clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Logo
    Quiz
    Republic
    Boohoo.com
    BHS
    Jane Norman

Everything seems to feel really cheap for the price in those stores (apart from BHS which imo just seems to be for old ladies! lol!)

ReputationRep:
    Oooh I forgot Bay

ReputationRep:

Tehehe!

ReputationRep:
    Come to think of it, I really don't like Miss Selfridge. Everything seems waaaaay too hippy and crappy quality for its price.

I do have a double breasted black coat from them tho, but it looks lik something I coudda bought anywhere.

Whaaaat?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stace-is-Ace)
    Whaaaat?! :p:
    their current season stock is nice, previous seasons wern't. and I stand by their quality thing...it's really not worth their prices, hence I buy in sales.

ReputationRep:
    Topman must be destroyed and wiped from human memory so that no one will ever know it even ever existed.

ReputationRep:
    I just won't buy clothes from any cheapo budget shop, you get what
    you pay for & lets face it, its never going to be "classy" stuff is it.
    Pay the extra ftw.

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.