Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There are certain things I don't mind, but on the whole, no.

ReputationRep:
    Nope!

and it doesn't help being surrounded by pretty people all the time!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't change a thing

ReputationRep:
    Yep, nose is a bit battered, due to being smacked in the face by a squash racquet, can't be arsed to get it fixed though.

ReputationRep:
    I used to hate how I looked, but then I started running, going to gym and eating right.
    But I STILL absolutely LOATHE the deposits of fat around my hips ('love handles'...I hate that phrase!) which run around to my back as well.

Also when I have my top off and I sit up I can see small rolls of fat, which I also really hate.

But when I stand up, it's OK really. I can even slightly see the shape of my abdominal muscles.

So if you hate the way you look, just eat right and exercise!
    As well as making you look better, you will feel better because of the wonderful cocktail of chemicals that gets released when you get your heart pumping.
    Also, take up a martial art. This will increase your self confidence as well!

I did these things and I have NO regrets!

Um.... that's all well and good when what you dislike is your weight.

But a lot of people are unhappy with their actual face, and its features. No amount of exercise will make your nose smaller etc...

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I've got a nose like a pig and a a huge face. Could be worse - I've never had trouble getting a girlfriend. My current beau is very cute too.

ReputationRep:
    No.
    I really don't like my nose and chin. and my eyebrows. and occasionally my lips. =/

ReputationRep:
    At the moment yh I am

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EssJayBee)
    Some of my friends tell me I look like the sort of person that carries a knife in their pocket... (but really, I'm just pleased to see them).

In my own opinion, I'm not unhappy with my looks. I like my face shape, it's just the features I don't like.

Does anyone else get that thing where in their mind's eye, they're better looking. Then you'll see yourself in the mirror and go "Oh yeah, I look like that don't I? "
    i get that after i have sex. I always feel really good and like 'hell yeah! i'm teh sex!' and then i go into the bathroom, see myself naked in the mirror and realise i'm really really not.

for the record, you have a really nice face - you just look a bit grumpy :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm perfectly fine with the way I look and I wouldn't change a thing

ReputationRep:
    I'm extremely grateful of my facial features. It seems I have a very interesting mix of my dad's eyebrows, my dad's lips, my mum's eyes and face shape and my nose is a bit of both of them. When put together they form a somewhat glamorous face, which I'm more than pleased with.

My body however, is currently a work in progress!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fishermanspie)
    I'm perfectly fine with the way I look and I wouldn't change a thing
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Some days I wake up and am quite happy with how I look. Or somedays I wake up (like today) and can't see a single attractive feature about myself.

ReputationRep:
    I dont give a damn. I just want to be healthy and do things I wanna do!

ReputationRep:
    No. Doesn't seem to really bother me or anyone around me though.

ReputationRep:
    I'm nothing extraordinary, but I don't hate the way I look. It'll do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    I'm nothing extraordinary, but I don't hate the way I look. It'll do!
    off topic

but how do u get the facebook thing in your signature?

ReputationRep:
    I go through phases... when i have done excercise or been on holiday so have a tan i feel really confident... however during these wintry months full of pasty dry skin and winter plump it is another story ha

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2008
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.