Are you happy with your looks? Watch

DDD99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well girls say that i am very good looking and cute. some even say that i look hot in my orange shoes.i would like to thank god for everything
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DirtyHarry)
Fairly although I'd like a more angular jaw and a slightly smaller nose.
Have you measured it with a protractor an all?
Jennybean
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't say I'm happy with the way I look but I don't think I'm actively unhappy these days either. There are definitely things I would change, without doubt. I would still love to be slimmer and my weight goes up and down all the time. I don't hate my face as such but I get worked up about stupid little things, like thinking my nose could be cuter or my eyes bigger or my skin clearer or my freckles a bit more pronounced so it doesn't just look like I have a smudge over the bridge of my nose! (This is especially bad when I'm on farms.)

I don't think I'm ugly but I still don't have the confidence to be really flirty with guys I don't know really well, because I'm absolutely terrified of being that girl who appears totally deluded and whom people whisper nasty things about and laugh at because they can't believe how forward she's being when she looks like that... But equally I don't get paranoid working down the street that people might be laughing at me for the way I look. If someone really looks and smiles at me I generally assume it's because they find me attractive rather than the opposite.
DirtyHarry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
Have you measured it with a protractor an all?
Yes.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm happy with whatever the gods blessed me with,plus there is no point in being unhappy,its not like you can change them :p:
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by teshla^^)
I'm happy with whatever the gods blessed me with,plus there is no point in being unhappy,its not like you can change them :p:
uhum.
plastic surgery.
?
Becksy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not completely, but I have accepted that I have to accept myself the way I am.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
uhum.
plastic surgery.
?
Micheal Jackson :eek:
TheOtherZoe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jennybean)

I don't think I'm ugly but I still don't have the confidence to be really flirty with guys I don't know really well, because I'm absolutely terrified of being that girl who appears totally deluded and whom people whisper nasty things about and laugh at because they can't believe how forward she's being when she looks like that... But equally I don't get paranoid working down the street that people might be laughing at me for the way I look. If someone really looks and smiles at me I generally assume it's because they find me attractive rather than the opposite.

I know this feeling totally! Except I know that I'm ugly. All the many, many people that have told me so since the age of four, whether they be total strangers or supposed friends, can't be wrong.

I feel very guilty despising myself- I am relatively healthy and have no disabilities. Despite this, I want to cry every time I look in the mirror, and hate the way that my friends don't tell me the truth.

The biggest issue is my weight; I have been struggling with an eating disorder for a year or two now, and have gained over two stone over the course of Year 13 (against my will, I've had all my meals supervised)... Although I feel healthier, I feel worse than ever before mentally, as all I see is a huge, bloated belly, a wobbling set of chins, thunder thighs, bingo wings, big bum... And now I'm stuck between loving food and having the energy to function, and being the shape I choose and want to be!

I have a huge nose, bushy eyebrows, big hair, no boobs etc etc. The only things I can stand are my wrists and ankles, which are actually fairly slim. I am by far the worst looking out of my group of friends; I am the only one without a boyfriend.

Sometimes I just want to claw my way out of my own body, just to have a break from feeling so s***ty about myself.
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheOtherZoe)
I know this feeling totally! Except I know that I'm ugly. All the many, many people that have told me so since the age of four, whether they be total strangers or supposed friends, can't be wrong.

I feel very guilty despising myself- I am relatively healthy and have no disabilities. Despite this, I want to cry every time I look in the mirror, and hate the way that my friends don't tell me the truth.

The biggest issue is my weight; I have been struggling with an eating disorder for a year or two now, and have gained over two stone over the course of Year 13 (against my will, I've had all my meals supervised)... Although I feel healthier, I feel worse than ever before mentally, as all I see is a huge, bloated belly, a wobbling set of chins, thunder thighs, bingo wings, big bum... And now I'm stuck between loving food and having the energy to function, and being the shape I choose and want to be!

I have a huge nose, bushy eyebrows, big hair, no boobs etc etc. The only things I can stand are my wrists and ankles, which are actually fairly slim. I am by far the worst looking out of my group of friends; I am the only one without a boyfriend.

Sometimes I just want to claw my way out of my own body, just to have a break from feeling so s***ty about myself.
id tap that
x

shall i go through every point and tell you how wrong you are?
Hedda.Gabler
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

well from being nosey and looking at your pic you are definatley NOT ugly.. just seems you are low in self esteem... plus you have an incredible array of offers, therefore you are evidently intelligent which i think counts for much more.
PirateGirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm fairly satisfied with how I look from the waist up, but there are still days where i'm like 'ergh I look fugly' but that's perfectly normal.

I often wonder if really attractive people look in the mirror and think 'wow i'm really attractive'
OnlyMe!
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you really hate the way you look, why would you put a profile picture up?

Not targeted at anyone in particular - just a general observation/question...
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate the size of my nose, and I hate it when I get the grey-purple marks underneath my eyes when I'm tired.
But I think we've all got to accept what we've been given - for if we all looked 'perfect' then life would be boring. It is often the flaws of someones looks that people fall for, I find.
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by OnlyMe!)

I'm a poser, all my friends know it, and my profile pic shows it :p:
but I'm nothing special, I see lots of good looking girls out and I can be a teensy bit jealous lol.
But then its not all about looks, they're only temporary.
ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My legs look alright in heels. I quite like the colour my hair looks in sunlight when it's been washed. Everything else I'm dying to change.
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm reasonably happy, but if I could change (on a natural way, not plastic churgery or something similar) I might change a few minor things.

Nobody's perfect.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

been covered - page 3 :p:

short of it:
it's nice to put a face to who you're talking to.
your pic is you, no point in denying who you are.
some of them are in it for the compliments. the ones that have pics they've taken of themselves, pouting with perfect hair and makeup (and often in underwear) and have participated in every single one of these threads to say 'i'm nothing special' despite reply after reply of 'U IZ FIT'
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

I'm really sorry you feel this way about yourself! But I honestly don't know what you're talking about lol! You look pretty in your picture. I can only see your face, but im sure everything else you mentioned is in your mind.

I wrote earlier about how i hate my nose, but now I think it's more psychological than anything. It's exactly the same for you, I think .
As i said, I can only see your face in the picure, but if it makes you feel any better, I have a big bum too! Lol.
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

To put a name to a face in all that jazzzz. I like to know who I'm talking to I suppose
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads