Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your looks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm i am happy with my looks and my figure i mean no kate moss lets face it but im not sure i need the stress of worrying if i look like i live in the notre dame :p: having said that though i tend to make friends with the most stunning people GRRRR and so i am the ugly duckling lol! theyre good friends though supose there has to be some recompence:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    I know this feeling totally! Except I know that I'm ugly. All the many, many people that have told me so since the age of four, whether they be total strangers or supposed friends, can't be wrong.

I feel very guilty despising myself- I am relatively healthy and have no disabilities. Despite this, I want to cry every time I look in the mirror
    So unhealthy people and/or people with disabilities should despise themselves?

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody think its embarassing to get braces at 17?? I mean my teeth are not to bad but they could do with a bit of organising to get them picture perfect. Another bonus would be I that I could get them done for free as Im still in full time education.

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happier if i lost a stone.

ReputationRep:
    There are things I don't like about my looks but it doesn't affect my self image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addie)
    Does anybody think its embarassing to get braces at 17?? I mean my teeth are not to bad but they could do with a bit of organising to get them picture perfect. Another bonus would be I that I could get them done for free as Im still in full time education.
    i've got them at 19, and i've seen people older than me with them. not embarassing and well worth the discomfort.

are you sure you could get them for free though? i think they have to be a certain level of wonkiness, not just not quite straight.
    go to your dentist/orthodontist asap to see if you can get them as sometimes it takes a long time to get the process started if it's on the NHS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    Are you happy with your looks and facial features, what would you change?
    Yes. Can't be arsed thinking about what I would change - it doesn't bother me that much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    i've got them at 19, and i've seen people older than me with them. not embarassing and well worth the discomfort.

are you sure you could get them for free though? i think they have to be a certain level of wonkiness, not just not quite straight.
    go to your dentist/orthodontist asap to see if you can get them as sometimes it takes a long time to get the process started if it's on the NHS.
    Thanks for the advice, Will do!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    :wtf?: nobody is saying that but you, the person you're trying to goad into an argument is clearly saying that since they're healthy etc they should feel lucky, but despite that they still feel gross when they look in the mirror. This person needs help rather than have someone make a daft comment like yours. It's clear that's not what they meant.
    i wasn't trying to argue. calm down.

ReputationRep:
    Addie, I had braces at 18, and it was fine. I didn't like having them much, but nobody else ever cared, and it was well worth it when they came off.

I hate my nose! Well, sometimes, sometimes I think it doesn't notice, it depends. Other than that I'm not too bothered. Could do with a flatter stomach probably.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.. I'm really self-critical and way too self-concious.

there are lots of things about myself that I'd change, but I wouldn't actually go through surgery or anything like that!

I actually can't think of a single thing where I can say, "oh I like ... about myself," which, in my opinion, is actually pretty bad for anyone to think! I just can't help it though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    Yeaaaah, I'm alright. Most days anyway! Everybody has their off days and crap hair days. I roll with it

:wtf?: nobody is saying that but you, the person you're trying to goad into an argument is clearly saying that since they're healthy etc they should feel lucky, but despite that they still feel gross when they look in the mirror. This person needs help rather than have someone make a daft comment like yours. It's clear that's not what they meant.
    Thankyou I didn't intend to cause offence by what I said... thanks for being kind, to everyone who replied. You're all beautiful! x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm alright, as long as I make the effort. If I've just got out of bed with glasses and no makeup and crap clothes I'm a mess though. And there's still the issue of my nose, but I'll get over that eventually lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy5788)
    I could cope with my looks if it wasn't for ****ing acne. Have had it since I was like 12, it's still active and I also have scarring and redness. 'Tis ****ing irritating.
    Same as.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, for the most part, would prefer not to make any changes, I think changing my looks would change the person I am, and I'm pretty happy right now

ReputationRep:
    In general they are ok...but like everyone I have "off" days, when even the best make up and hair arent really doing much for me. The only thing I would like to change is that Im a size 10/12 and would rather be 6/8, but thats something I can change. Over analysing is bad I feel

ReputationRep:
    There are loads of things that are wrong with the way I look.

My skin has moles, my stomach isn't flat, my hair is very dry, my skin is very dry, even my tongue is very dry, my cheekbones would be wayyy nicer if they were higher, my lips are always dry and cracked, my collorbone is not very pronounced, there's something weird about the top of my arms (hard to explain, it's red and bumpy), etc etc etc
    Some day I may have some of the moles removed, and I wouldn't mind having something done about my cheekbones.
    But it doesn't really make me unhappy. I just know it could be better, and i'm not too bad to look at.. so I guess I am happy despite it all.

And I do have a new wisdom tooth coming through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vampyrcorn)
    My skin has moles, my stomach isn't flat, my hair is very dry, my skin is very dry, even my tongue is very dry...my lips are always dry and cracked...
    How much water do you drink a day? Just plain tap water?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LennonMcCartney)
    How much water do you drink a day? Just plain tap water?
    Yeah normally plain tap water, and tea and coffee. And fruit juice. I'm trying to drink more though and cut out some of the caffeine, hopefully that'll help. I don't think I drink enough but even when I feel like i'm drinking loads it doesn't really help. :mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Plain tap water is fine. Coffee and tea tend to dehydrate your body, so you should have more water to make up for that. Fruit juice is great too. It's important that you get 2 litres roughly a day. Even in cold winter days!

I've had eczema since birth, and until last year, I attributed my dry and irritable skin just to the eczema. I decided to start drinking lots and lots of water. My skin cleared up so much. It still misbehaves from time to time, but is generally much better, especially on the face. I also feel far more thirsty now, and I appreciate all the water I'm drinking. I try and generally keep my pee a light yellow colour; anything darker and I know I've missed out on some water.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.