Turn on thread page Beta

Are you happy with your looks? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessMeg)
    yeh I feel the same way in that I know I'm not pretty but I've just kind of accepted it.. I wouldn't have surgery purely to improve myself. I think it also changes who you are.

:eek: In a completely non-pervy and non-lesbianic way...you're gorgeous!

ReputationRep:
    I have no issue with my looks, though I'd like to be taller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    I'm feelin' the vibe, tis could go somewhere, can i watch plz?

ReputationRep:
    In terms of actual looks, I don't think I'm too bad, though I wish my hair line wasn't receding. Basically I just need to lose a LOT of weight, which is all in my control but sometimes it feels like it'll never happen and there's no light at the end of the tunnel

But I'm only 21, so I gotta be positive about life, so I know I can do it!

ReputationRep:
    Dont really like how i look Although I think this has mainly come from when I was younger and didnt like how I looked, I think maybe my perceptions about myself have stuck rather than grown up with me, if that makes sense? Have a gorgeous boyfriend who I think the world of, met him in a club and looking at him I thought there would be no way we'd get together. But we are and that has done a lot for my confidence, especially when he compliments me like he does
    Saying that, there will be times where I'll get ready, use a bit of make up, spend time over my hair, and think that I dont look so bad :p: Just depends how I'm feeling really. I have excema so usually the state if that depends on how I feel about myself, although boyfriends brother suffers from it too so boyfriend does understand and sympathise with how I feel, which is great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherZoe)
    aww thanks!! that made my day

anyway.. it's just a blurry polaroid where I'm small so you can't really see me or what I look like. but still, thanks!

I'm really not photogenic and there are quite a few things I would change about myself, but I wouldn't ever do anything drastic like surgery.. just toning up with some exercise would do me some good!

ReputationRep:
    If I could lose around two stone, I would be completely content with my looks! I just have no willpower, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    most of the time I'm happy with the way I look. obviously i have hang ups over some things but everyone has something they don't like about themselves appearance wise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 18, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.