Turn on thread page Beta

Should men vote on women's issues such as the tampon tax or abortion laws? watch

ReputationRep:
    Do men have the right to vote in issues that do not effect them?
    I am undecided.

ReputationRep:
    Democracy says so
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamantacademic)
    Democracy says so
    What's your opinion then?

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be wrong to take away a male's vote. Yet, I do think it would be incredibly unfair for these issues to be resolved in manner where the ultimate majority is male ... I simply think it's stupid that a vote would be held regarding these matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AliceAnnn)
    What's your opinion then?
    I believe men can have an opinion on women’s issues and vice versa

no they shouldn't vote on women issues because it doesn't concern them. they shouldn't have a say with what women do with their bodies etc its non of there business.

ReputationRep:
    Do men have the right to vote in issues that do not effect them?
    I am undecided.
    Given than men pay more tax than women I think we should have more say on how government money is spent that women

ReputationRep:
    I think they should get a say - that's democracy. However, attention needs to be had in ensuring that women aren't silenced about these issues in favour of male opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluxisms)
    I think it would be wrong to take away a male's vote. Yet, I do think it would be incredibly unfair for these issues to be resolved in manner where the ultimate majority is male ... I simply think it's stupid that a vote would be held regarding these matters.
    So you don't believe that abortion or the tampon tax is important? Thanks for your input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bars from mars)
    Given than men pay more tax than women I think we should have more say on how government money is spent that women
    Well men pay more tax because they are more powerful in our society; in careers and such. Maybe if women could vote on these matters that they could have more representation? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluxisms)
    Yet, I do think it would be incredibly unfair for these issues to be resolved in manner where the ultimate majority is male ...
    Woah sister, it's 50/50 male to female, there's no majority here.

ReputationRep:
    There will never be a vote on this, so I can’t see it being an issue.

ReputationRep:
    So you don't believe that abortion or the tampon tax is important? Thanks for your input.
    I think what they meant is that it's never - usually - one vote on these issues, it's always nuanced bills/amendments that indirectly affect those issues along with a multitude of other issues.

ReputationRep:
    Feminist logic: Only men who agree with me can vote, otherwise die!

I believe that in situations like tampon tax and abortion, men shouldn't have the right to vote. They are not women and do not have periods or carry babies. Yes, tampon tax will effect them as it will effect the tax they pay but as women we are paying an awful amount of money each year to pay for something which we cannot control. Where the situation only effects a man or a woman, the other gender should not intervene and shouldn't have a vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrew97)
    There will never be a vote on this, so I can’t see it being an issue.
    I Just want to read some opinions on this matter. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FP5)
    Nobody here said "only men who agree with feminism can vote".

ReputationRep:
    Everyone votes for the disabled. Everyone votes for the poor. Everyone votes for the elderly. Everybody votes for children. Everybody votes for men.

Everyone votes for the interests of everything and everyone.

Oh, but wait, there is one exception in a democracy - only women can vote for what affects women. (Sarcasm)

Not to be rude, but what are you even on about? You live in a democracy, remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FP5)
    I don't recall anyone typing that. Sorry you misunderstood.

ReputationRep:
    Nobody should be disenfranchised because someone arbitrarily decides it doesn't concern them, it's just a dangerous precedent and could lead to authoritarianism.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.