potato12367
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi Everyone! The deadline for accommodation is in a few days (31st of May) and I'm still undecided about which accommodation to apply for.

I quite like the sound of Connaught Hall; it seems really social, is catered and is close to UCL.

College Hall is also really close, but I haven't been able to find out a lot of information about it. Does anyone know anything about it? (Social life, living conditions...)

I think I will probably put UCL housing down as my last preference. Is this a good idea?

Are College and/or Connaught Hall good options? Or should I choose UCL student housing over the UoL intercollegiate Halls? Also, how many UCL students are in Connaught/College hall?

I would be grateful for any info anyone could provide. Thanks!!
Noodlzzz
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My understanding is that you can’t choose which halls you get you can only put down preferences such as proximity or ensuite
roseholidays
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by potato12367)
Hi Everyone! The deadline for accommodation is in a few days (31st of May) and I'm still undecided about which accommodation to apply for.

I quite like the sound of Connaught Hall; it seems really social, is catered and is close to UCL.

College Hall is also really close, but I haven't been able to find out a lot of information about it. Does anyone know anything about it? (Social life, living conditions...)

I think I will probably put UCL housing down as my last preference. Is this a good idea?

Are College and/or Connaught Hall good options? Or should I choose UCL student housing over the UoL intercollegiate Halls? Also, how many UCL students are in Connaught/College hall?

I would be grateful for any info anyone could provide. Thanks!!
Hi! I believe you are able to apply for specific Intercollegiate halls unlike the UCL halls so that's a plus. It's pretty hard to find information about any of these residences but I know there are videos on the UoL website for both College Hall and Connaught Hall that can give some insight. You can also look at the location tag for each on instagram to get a feel for life there. I hope this helps and be sure to apply before the deadline! Good luck x
soniasos
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have the same problem because I wanted choose UCL Halls of Residence but the only one available is Ifor Evans Hall. However I've heard some bad reviews about it so I decided to go with Intercollegiate halls. As far as I know Connaught Hall is very sociable and College Hall is the quite one. I am just afraid that in Intercollegiate halls are students from all unis so I won't be a part of UCL community but as I sad Ifor Evans Hall is very poor quality and far from main campus.
abhiyanbeta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Private room in a 6 room flat with shared kitchen and bathroom. It’s a private student accommodation with 24/7 security, all bills and WiFi included. Direct transport links to UCL and links to other universities.

Location: iQ The Arcade, Holloway Road, Zone 2, London, N7 0RY

(Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ifBuaEYq8Wy)

Price: £179 per week for 43 weeks

Move in date: 15/09/2018

DM me if interested!
rebeccatwsykes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, im moving out of Somerset Court accommodation (near Euston station, and great for UCL, Birkbeck, City Law School, University of the Arts London, City University London, London College of Fashion, Cass Business School, London Metropolitan University etc etc) due to finding different accommodation - there is nothing wrong with my room, its perfect. Looking for someone to take over my contract as I need to find a new tenant. must be a student. the company will sort everything out and you'll pay them directly, no dodgy business going on, can read Unite Students cancellation policy for after the cooling period.
really nice accommodation, loved it so far and in such a good area, its a single en-suite at £299pw for 48weeks (if you only want academic year you can get someone else to take over for summer - there will be loads of people wanting this)
Please message asap if you or anyone you know will be interested!! Thanks
Kingscross
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,

Looking for a tenant to take over my contract at Urbanest King's Cross. Currently I have a 49 week contract for en-suite room, £253pw, but I am happy to make a discount for that room out of my own pocket down to £230pw. All bills are paid, inc Internet. Own bathroom with toilet.
Please ask any questions if you have!

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.86%
No (500)
66.14%

Watched Threads