Turn on thread page Beta

telling flatmate you like them after term is up watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well i've pretty much liked my flatmate since the beginning. i sensed strongly he may have liked me in semester 1 (girls: you know you can just tell through eyes, the 'you were probably just on his mind look'... lol) but i've never been sure, espeically this semester 2 we dont appear to be as close. Basically what I'm saying is that I have no concrete evidence he likes me at all.

Anyway, I know of the 'no date flatmate' rule so due to awkwardness if all went wrong ive been concealing feelings of like. Soonish it will be the end of my term with him so i feel i owe it to myself to do something aobut it... I'm just not sure how. I would tell him upfront but its difficult to get the moment plus im fairly quiet so finding the words are hard... what about a text? a letter? etc... is that just stupid?? .... or any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Go for it..text him at the end of term. Nothing to lose...and you won't have to live with him then! :p:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    As in all cases
    go up to him and say you like him.

Its not to hard.
    It requires bollucks though.
    I would offer to lend you mine, but they are too useful....

ReputationRep:
    I think you should go for it.
    You're more likely to regret not doing it, than to regret doing it I think.
    I know it will be a difficult moment, but try and grab some time when you two are alone and just hit him with it.
    If he liked you before, and the situation hasn't changed, then he may still like you.

Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.