'Friends' Stole My Deposit Money Watch

Gaylei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cushti)
That's all good and noble, but at the end of the day I'd be more interested in getting my ****ing money back than 'looking better'.

keep your cool! I didnt mean looking better as in to your mates I mean as a person! why should you be 18 and be running to your mummy? Its time to cut the apron strings!
Cushti
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gaylei)
keep your cool! I didnt mean looking better as in to your mates I mean as a person! why should you be 18 and be running to your mummy? Its time to cut the apron strings!
Because I'm a student and £200 means a lot. It's a simple matter of swallowing your pride and trying to find the easiest and most stress free solution to a problem.

Of course I'm not the OP, I was just offering advice. She could just as easily contact the parents herself, but I for one would not like to do that. It would just be a lot simpler than immediately resorting to legal action.

So, yes, 'running to mummy' would be a perfectly respectable thing to do OP.
Gaylei
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cushti)
Because I'm a student and £200 means a lot. It's a simple matter of swallowing your pride and trying to find the easiest and most stress free solution to a problem.

Of course I'm not the OP, I was just offering advice. She could just as easily contact the parents herself, but I for one would not like to do that. It would just be a lot simpler than immediately resorting to legal action.

So, yes, 'running to mummy' would be a perfectly respectable thing to do OP.
I respect your oppinion, never said I dont, I think that a nice strongly worded letter to the person concerned would do the trick.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (78)
30%
No - I got the required grades (149)
57.31%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (33)
12.69%

Watched Threads