The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If he doesn't mind you voicing your opinion that she makes you a bit uncomfortable, that's fine and I'd say you did nothing wrong.

He asked you first, sounds fairly loyal but keep an eye on it, I guess.
Original post by The Old Vampire
I seriously think he may have feelings for her because if he didn't he wouldn't really acknowledge her at all yet he wanted to call her.

I would say dump him because hes clearly in love with somebody else.

Original post by CleverSquirrel
idk he says hes fallen for me and is in love with me ? im hella confused

it was a relationship from a year ago and she cheated on him, he shows alot of hate towards her but he considered to call her?

Ouch. Really hope youre not just his rebound :frown: Talk to him and have him be totally honest with you.
Have any of you guys considered the boyfriend may be giving her a call to simply say thank you... If someone sent me a gift, I'd feel inclined to send my regards. He's giving her a phone call, not calling for a booty call. Y'all guys need to chill... A phone call to an ex doesn't automatically mean he's still in love and this new relationship needs to end.

If the boyfriend was secretly still into her, why would he openly tell his new girlfriend about the story behind the letter/present.
Original post by Allah is Fabolos
Okay well maybe she is his side piece.

Anyway my point is, all men cheat at some point.
It is how we are engineered.

Like your Dad cheated on your Mum?
This is the same guy that ignored you a few days back, big red flag! Dump him and move on
Original post by Allah is Fabolos
Okay well maybe she is his side piece.

Anyway my point is, all men cheat at some point.
It is how we are engineered.

No, speak for yourself.
Original post by CleverSquirrel
First of all, i do wanna say i trust him. We've been dating around 2 months

A few days ago he received a box of chocolates and a cute hand written letter from his ex of about a year ago. She sent it his address.
I was around his today and saw the letter.

The letter was her saying Happy Birthday and how she misses their old memories and was hoping they could get back together.

Now they havent spoken since the break up, from what i know anyway
and thats the first time shes contacted him.....

why would someone do that after a year? He doesnt know whether to respond or not and he asked me, and for obvious reasons i dont want him to be in contact with her, if her intentions are to get back with him, which was obvious from the letter.

He had written a note on his board saying 'Call X' x being her name, and when i asked him what/why he explained the story to me.....

note shes lives in Sheffield, and it was a LDR

i told him that shes in the past and obvs still has feelings for him, and he doesnt need to respond, and should leave his past in the past, since im his present??

was i right to do so?

Any sane boyfriend would not be in contact with his ex and even if he was would let her know she's disrespecting boundaries seeing as youre with him and he respects you.

Dump this mofo he a waste of time.
Original post by The Old Vampire
What would there be to discuss? He is supposed to be a boyfriend to OP yet hes gone behind her back with the intention of contacting his ex who by the way cheated on him. He clearly still has feelings for her and this isn't fair on OP.

He's not gone behind her back though. He's been completely transparent about what's going on
I know this was 3 years ago but this pissed me off.
Reply 29
Original post by Moonlight Rain
I know this was 3 years ago but this pissed me off.

Why exactly?

Latest

Trending

Trending