The Student Room Group

Needing someone to protect me

It's just a reeling effect. You had a feeling of emotional and mental security around your ex. Now , that he's out of the picture , you're missing it. You'll probably find it again , once you confront your emotions or find another guy
I know the feeling, of wanting to protect someone.
Because you're a woman.
Original post by Notoriety
Because you're a woman.

Did you just ASSUME MY GEN-
Reply 5
Original post by abhinair3004
It's just a reeling effect. You had a feeling of emotional and mental security around your ex. Now , that he's out of the picture , you're missing it. You'll probably find it again , once you confront your emotions or find another guy

Yeah that makes sense. Wish I could get it from within; it can’t be healthy to be looking for it in other people.
Reply 6
Original post by HoldThisL
I know the feeling, of wanting to protect someone.

Awww. I want to protect someone too, but the feeling of wanting to be protected is stronger.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah that makes sense. Wish I could get it from within; it can’t be healthy to be looking for it in other people.

There's nothing wrong with it , it's human instinct to look to someone else for emotional security. It's why the concept of "relationships" exists. Although , this emotional security need not just be with a significant other ; it could be with a sibling or a friend as well. Look for developing meaningful relationships with people you like, be it as friends or something more
Reply 8
There's nothing wrong with it , it's human instinct to look to someone else for emotional security. It's why the concept of "relationships" exists. Although , this emotional security need not just be with a significant other ; it could be with a sibling or a friend as well. Look for developing meaningful relationships with people you like, be it as friends or something more

That makes a lot of sense - I need to learn to open up to people better.
Sometimes I fantasise about accidentally hurting myself, going up to a guy I like and being like ‘I fell over and it hurts’ while crying and he would comfort me as if I was 2 years old. Don’t know how that would play out in reality.
That makes a lot of sense - I need to learn to open up to people better.
Sometimes I fantasise about accidentally hurting myself, going up to a guy I like and being like ‘I fell over and it hurts’ while crying and he would comfort me as if I was 2 years old. Don’t know how that would play out in reality.

You should talk to a professional about this. These kind of fantasies could lead to self-harm and fanatical behaviour
You should talk to a professional about this. These kind of fantasies could lead to self-harm and fanatical behaviour

I am currently in counsellimg, so I’ll bring it up at my next session.
I am currently in counsellimg, so I’ll bring it up at my next session.

That would be a good idea , you would not want such thoughts affecting your social life. The sooner you deal with it , the better
That would be a good idea , you would not want such thoughts affecting your social life. The sooner you deal with it , the better

Definitely.

Quick Reply

Latest