The Student Room Group

Music careers

Hi,

I don’t know if there’s anyone who knows much about this but I’m a 16 year old who is massively into music, I play 4 instruments and I can sing, so I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of music careers are out there and what if need to do in the future to get there and whether it would be worth going into.

Please try get back to me it would be appreciated. Thanks

Molly
Original post by Mollyjx
Hi,

I don’t know if there’s anyone who knows much about this but I’m a 16 year old who is massively into music, I play 4 instruments and I can sing, so I was wondering if anyone knows what kind of music careers are out there and what if need to do in the future to get there and whether it would be worth going into.

Please try get back to me it would be appreciated. Thanks

Molly

This isn't an industry where you just get a career. It's difficult to break into and it can take years. I'd suggest having a back up plan and pursing this on the side. You need to gain some musical qualifications though of course some musicians don't have any. A lot of it is luck and about getting noticed so making sure that you put yourself out there. You will also probably get rejected a lot so perseverance is key.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending